X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band

I know that there is a band for the army, but does that apply to national guard soldiers too? If so, how do I find out who does it and what it takes to play? I play saxophone and snare drum if that helps..

Re: Band

There is a National Guard Band. I can't tell you what the requirements are. I'm sure a recruiter could help you out with that.

Comment

Not every state has a band. That MOS requires an audition with the band director prior to enlistment.

Comment

Texas has a band. I found out during my senior year of high school one night when my LTC father mentioned it. I thought it was pretty funny, because how could a group sound good only practicing one weekend per month?

Comment

I sat in with the band, enlisted in March of my senior year of high school. CASP existed even back then, so I got E-3 before basic. It was a blast!! We played concerts for President Reagan, Prince Charles, etc. My favorite musical activity with the band was when I got invited to go to Boston, MA one year in December. It was the 350th anniversary of the NG, so they were having a big ceremony.

One thing I can guarantee you, that the NG soldiers who knew how to complain the best were enlisted in the TXARNG band. One time I watched as a SGT and others complained to the 1SG for three hours because we didn't get enough time to rehearse.

It was pretty interesting, to say the least.

Comment

Working...
          X