Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How do you opt-out of vaccines that are given to you in the Army? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you opt-out of vaccines that are given to you in the Army?

Originally posted by GodBlessUSA View Post
    Do they Always give the Penicillin shot at BCT?
    Yes, unless you have a red allergy tag for it.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
      You may be able to get out of being vaccinated if you elect Jehovah's witness as your religious preference. Not saying its a sure shot but you can try it. Which reminds me--There was this guy when I was at AIT. He wrote down "Jedi Knight" as his religious preference in his paperwork. So, when he got his ID tags they printed JEDI KNIGHT on the back. Here's the funny part, though: If he's ever deployed and gets killed (Heaven forbid) the ARNG or I guess the 'big Army' would have to locate someone that practices Jedi or whatever and do his funeral service.
      Chaplains do memorial services which are religious and memorial ceremonies which are not.

The Chaplain Corps also does graveside services. Usually in a National Cemetery the service takes place at a designated spot, and follows protocol, the homily usually lasts only 3-5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydez View Post
        Yes, unless you have a red allergy tag for it.
        I did not acquire red tags prior to and even during BCT (despite requesting them.) I assume there was something my records that let me skip the shot. I doubt they just took my word for it.

The real concern is if one's life is in danger, and it is not somehow brought to the attention of the medical personnel treating them. Hardly anyone wears a medical bracelet, but given the dangerous training and equipment involved with the military...I highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
          Chaplains do memorial services which are religious and memorial ceremonies which are not.

The Chaplain Corps also does graveside services. Usually in a National Cemetery the service takes place at a designated spot, and follows protocol, the homily usually lasts only 3-5 minutes.
          Seems an appropriate post during the "should I declare my PCN allergy or just take the shot" discussion.

If you ARE allergic to penicillin, DO NOT TAKE THE SHOT. If you aren't sure, go to a doctor and find out BEFORE TAKING THE SHOT. If you are not allergic to penicillin, quit being a sissy.

I know I am allergic; when I was <2 y/o, I got an Ampicillin shot, and almost died. All of the "cillins" are similar enough that the doctor declared my PCN allergy "severe." I probably would have died at BCT if I had taken the shot. Just make sure you know what you're getting into before you get to Basic. Medical allergies are nothing to be casual about at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post

I would pay a year's guard pay if a "Jedi" Chaplain showed up to do a funeral service.

I'd love to see the uniform insignia for that denomination.

Comment

So I guess I will just let Them know at Reception that my mom just told me that I'm Allergic to Penicillin. Do you think I could get Discharged or something for not disclosing this earlier?
              Last edited by Sanders904; March 22nd, 2013, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanders904 View Post
                So I guess I will just let Them know at Reception that my mom just told me that I'm Allergic to Penicillin. Do you think I could get Discharged or something for not disclosing this earlier?
                I wouldn't think you would get discharged for something like that but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanders904 View Post
                  Are you going to reception tomorrow morning or something? The time you spent posting here could have been spent making an appointment with a clinic.

As for getting in trouble, I doubt it. If you had no prior knowledge and are taking swift action to clarify, I can't imagine they would waste time on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X