X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasses Question

Are there any regulations about glasses in BCT? I have a pretty high perscription, high enough where i had to pay a little extra just so they wouldnt be really thick. Will there be a problem that in BCT? Meaning will i get similar lenses or will they actually be coke bottles? Also do they give you actual sports goggles or regular glasses?

Re: Glasses Question

No. They dont allow civilain glasses to be worn so the will give you an eye exam and they will issue you prescription glasses. They give you regular glasses, like rectangle frames and im not sure about the sport glasses

Comment

Originally posted by SoldiersCreed View Post
      Are there any regulations about glasses in BCT? I have a pretty high perscription, high enough where i had to pay a little extra just so they wouldnt be really thick. Will there be a problem that in BCT? Meaning will i get similar lenses or will they actually be coke bottles? Also do they give you actual sports goggles or regular glasses?
      You will be issued the standard plastic frames and lenses (2 pair) (so yes, they are a little thicker than the high index or polycarbonate you usually pay for) You should also receive a paid of prescription 'inserts' that snap into your EyePro (they look like safety goggles). We wore these 90% of the time, even those with no prescription.

Is your high prescription the reason for your use of an extremely large font?

Comment

I will tell you this though, you "may" get to keep your CIV glasses. Case in point, I had at least 3 guys within my platoon who ended up keeping theirs and wearing them throughout the majority of BCT. The reason was the perscriptions got messed up between Reception and BCT, didn't come out right the first time, or in one guy's case they just totally lost it. If your CIV eyewear is plain and basic enough you might be ok. I'd suggest plain, small framed black or brown.

Same goes for those inserts.

The same guys I'm talking about had to qual on the range with their CIV glasses because they also never got their Ballistic Glasses inserts, and they weren't going to make them qualify blind.

Funny thing, the last guy who was still due his got both his issue glasses and inserts...the week of graduation. Fail.

Comment

Actually regular glasses are mostly suggested to use.You should try Tom Ford sunglasses in which you get different and more varities

Comment

Working...
          X