X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Training Option

I have been looking into the national guard for about 2 years now. I am a sophmore in high school and i am looking to do the split training option. How exactly does it work? I know that I would go to bct during the summer before my senior year. I have read a few different answers such as: You complete phase 1, then you come back later to do phase 2, and so on. Then i read somewhere else that you go for the full 10 weeks during the summer before my senior year and then i just go to ait after i graduate high school.
    If you can help me out here, that would be great.
    Thanks

Re: Split Training Option

Eh I joined on active duty initially so this wasn't available to me, but I'm pretty sure split option just means you got to BCT one summer during high school and then AIT the next.

Comment

Re: Split Training Option

My son did split option and you are correct you go to basic for the summer and come back and finish high school and then go to AIT next summer.His basic lasted 12 weeks(2 weeks in recepition) and he made it back 2 days before school started,I have heard of other kids coming back late to school(it is excused).Another problem is my son goes to AIT this summer and was told he ships on June 6 the only trouble with that is his class graduates on June 8.
      If he had to do it over again he would of did his basic and AIT all at once,he is a little out of shape and worried he will not be able to keep up with the rest of the company.Also the packing of gear to take back to AIT was a major pain,it took a week to find everything and then try to get everything in the bag.

Comment

Working...
      X