X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCT requirement for prior service Air Force to enter OCS

Last edited by artillery147; March 8th, 2013, 06:19 PM.

Re: BCT requirement for prior service Air Force to enter OCS

You need to get ahold of the national guard recruiting document, its the "FY (insert number) enlistment criteria manual" that was in effect the year you joined. It is NOT necessarily the year you joined.

I was prior USAF and joined in 2010 and I was under FY 07 enlistment criteria manual.

In mine there was a clear stipulation that 09S (officer candidates) and warrant officer candidates did not have to attend warrior transition course or BCT. If you were not 09S or WO enlistment option, you did. This stipulation was clear but its location was way in the back.

Yours was likely different to mine and you're not an 09S.

Call a recruiter that's experienced and figure it out, but long story short, I guarantee you this is not going to be an issue for so long. If someone asks if you went to BCT the correct response is "When I joined prior USAF did not have to and there was no warrior transition course yet".

Hopefully there wasnt a WTC (which was at white sands missle range, I believe) when you joined and you're ok.

Comment

I actually have my recruiter doing some research on this but from his recollection that was a time period when there was no warrior transition course or it wasnt mandatory.

I'll let you know what he find outs but for future reference the answer is ALWAYS "When i joined WTC wasnt required then".

Comment

[QUOTE=
        Last edited by artillery147; March 8th, 2013, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by artillery147 View Post
          I joined with a 1 year contract called a "Try One" as an enlisted soldier. I went to school and got a MOS then I was able to sign a 6 year contract which I finished. Currently I have extended.
          Did you just leave Ft Mclellan?

Comment

You absolutely do not. I'm not even certain how this came up as a question at the RTI or where ever you are doing phase 0. If you need regulatory guidance PM me.

Comment

Never been to FT Mclellan.

Comment

Originally posted by artillery147 View Post
                Never been to FT Mclellan.
                Where did you do phase 0?

Comment

Working...
                X