X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothes to wear to BCT

I know i have to dress well and be respectful and all but i was just wondering if wearing sweat pants instead of jeans would be a bad idea.

Re: Clothes to wear to BCT

Just wear jeans.

Comment

Jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt of it's cold, and sneakers.

You COULD wear sweapants, but you are goning to spend most of the day you go to BCT in airports and in public.

Comment

I'd wear jeans. You won't stand out near as much as someone in sweatpants. Plain shirt too..

Comment

This should help: http://ebeesworld.com/army-basic-training-packing-list/

Comment

I showed up in jeans a hooded sweatshirt. Shipped to Benning in January and they asked me to take off the sweatshirt when we got there. Forgot I was wearing a "Free Hugs" T-shirt. Very poor planning on my part. It was quite comedic.

Comment

Originally posted by ebee View Post
              While this list is accurate and what not, do you really think it's prudent to bring all that gear?

Reason I say that is because once you arrive to your BCT, they are going to give you an ATM card to go buy everything you need. A) It will be cheaper on you b/c it's the PX and B) You won't have to schlep (*my new favorite word!) all of that stuff around until absolutely necessary.

What I recommend to all is bring what you wear, a pair or 2 of cleans undergarments/socks and toiletries for a 2 days (disposable everything). If there is a specific item you can't get elsewhere, I'd bring that too (like sleeping earplugs, etc). Everything else, to include good running shoes, can/will be bought at the PX.

Comment

Working...
              X