X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick family member

I recently discovered that my grandpa is extremely ill He did tell me he didnt want me to put off going to basic and AIT training And I would like to honor his wish because i know he is so proud of me enlisting. But I am scared that if i leave he is gonna pass away wondering if you can leave basic or AIT training for a funeral or not and if so how will it effect the rest of my training.

Re: Sick family member

Yes, you will be afforded an opportunity to attend a funeral for a death in the family. You'll get 2-3 days off of BCT. It won't really affect your training. You'll go, come back and carry on with it. My PG in basic had this happen to him. He was driven to the airport by one of the drill sergeants, came back 2 days later. This was during final FTX too

Comment

Ensure that if he passes, a family member sends a Red Cross message so that your unit can take the appropriate actions for emergency leave.

Comment

All of the above are correct. Also, and this may be a bit off topic, your Grandpop is a member of the Greatest Generation. For him, he was not BSing you. He wants you to go to BCT and AIT. For him and his peeps, that is about the greatest thing a person can do - serving thier country.

I wish we had a whole 'nother generation like this. We sorely need it...

Comment

Working...
        X