Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Leave in three weeks and scared for the worst. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Leave in three weeks and scared for the worst.

    Here is the situation: I'm going to the GED Plus Program. Well, due to the budget crisis all classes beyond Feb. Cancelled.
    specially since I failed the run event on the 1-1-1 (10:02 last Drill) I'm going from 2 full months to three weeks and it's a shock.

    After Arkansas, I'm going to Benning for Cav OSUT.

    Does anyone have any tips? I'm pretty scared.

  • #2
    Re: Leave in three weeks and scared for the worst.

    When you say you're scared for the worst, what are you specifically afraid of? Are you scared training will be too difficult? Do you doubt your abilities? It's good to be a little nervous about your up and coming training; the nerves will keep you on your toes. If you find you are immobilized by fear, though, I would recommend getting as much information as you can get your hands on. Even if you've read everything there is out there, read it again and realize that hundreds of applicants have successfully gone through what you are about to go through. You'll do just fine!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Leave in three weeks and scared for the worst.

      Hopefully the fear of drill sergeants will help shave another minute in a half off your run when you get there. Otherwise your time there will be very miserable.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Leave in three weeks and scared for the worst.

        Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
        Hopefully the fear of drill sergeants will help shave another minute in a half off your run when you get there. Otherwise your time there will be very miserable.
        Shaved about 4 minutes off mine!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Leave in three weeks and scared for the worst.

          Originally posted by RyCass View Post
          When you say you're scared for the worst, what are you specifically afraid of? Are you scared training will be too difficult? Do you doubt your abilities? It's good to be a little nervous about your up and coming training; the nerves will keep you on your toes. If you find you are immobilized by fear, though, I would recommend getting as much information as you can get your hands on. Even if you've read everything there is outthere, read it again and realize that hundreds of applicants have successfully gone through what you are about to go through. You'll do just fine!
          All of the above. This is just a HUGE deal for me. This is my life long dream here.
          I don't wanna fail. I've been working my butt off... Really. I went through heck (still going through it) to lose the weight (90lbs) and get my contract.
          Oh well... Hopefully, if I go to GED+, it'll help. Until then... DOUBLE TIME!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Leave in three weeks and scared for the worst.

            Originally posted by RyCass View Post
            When you say you're scared for the worst, what are you specifically afraid of? Are you scared training will be too difficult? Do you doubt your abilities? It's good to be a little nervous about your up and coming training; the nerves will keep you on your toes. If you find you are immobilized by fear, though, I would recommend getting as much information as you can get your hands on. Even if you've read everything there is out there, read it again and realize that hundreds of applicants have successfully gone through what you are about to go through. You'll do just fine!
            All of the above.

            My PT is bad and I'm scared I'll suffer and end up not improving enough to pass the 2-2-2 at the end of Basic. Like SteveLord said, my time there will be miserable.

            I've come a LONG way and have had overcome a lot of obstacles and I don't any fail THIS close to my childhood dream.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Leave in three weeks and scared for the worst.

              Originally posted by Austin Blackman View Post
              Here is the situation: I'm going to the GED Plus Program. Well, due to the budget crisis all classes beyond Feb. Cancelled.
              specially since I failed the run event on the 1-1-1 (10:02 last Drill) I'm going from 2 full months to three weeks and it's a shock.

              After Arkansas, I'm going to Benning for Cav OSUT.

              Does anyone have any tips? I'm pretty scared.
              Listen. You have to grab your manhood and jump into this FULL STEAM AHEAD.

              Forget fear. Forget failing. Forget about misery.

              Once you're on the bus there's no turning back. Take pleasure in the fact that nothing and no one from the outside world will distract you.

              Take pleasure in the fact that mind over matter is 100% the name of the game.

              I've seen many guys with strong bodies defeat themselves with their weak minds. I've seen many guys with weak bodies graduate because they had heart, drive, and determination.

              As long as you do not give up--as long as you are DETERMINED to be self motivated--your body will only get in better shape over the course of your stay. And you will have chance after chance to improve on your PT score as you will be training every day--Five days a week.

              Most importantly, stay away from losers. Yes, there will be at least one loser in every platoon. Stick close to the guys that are motivated and determined.
              Last edited by VICEROY06; February 9th, 2013, 08:16 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Leave in three weeks and scared for the worst.

                The only inspiration you need is this: the fastest way out of Benning is graduating. Make it happen.

                Comment

                Working...
                X