Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 38 and nervous about going in.

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
    Nice AF MOS badge avatar. When I saw the AF uniforms and saw that everyone had a badge; I asked one of them and said what did the high-speed badge meant. He responded, "the badge means our job". I responded with "airpower".
    Yeah, liked it better than the SrA stripes..

Comment

I just have to stay with my workouts it's tough with three kids and working long hours but i know if i stay up on it,it can be done.I tried getting into the fd and they have what they call a cpat test you must do as part of it.They offered a two month two times a week workout that really helped out alot when i first started i couldn't finish the corse.You have 10 min 20 secs to finish the corse i did it in 8 min 16 sec which i thought was pretty good for my age.I know it can be done and that age is just a number and if you show that you are at least trying they will see that.

Comment

In my experience with PS AF and Navy joining and going to BCT they attempt to put you in a PS class, typically in Ft Jackson last I knew. They understand you're PS, already completed your service basic training requirement and are now just needing to learn the Army's way. You should have no issues other than typical wear and tear and slower recovery time from daily PT. Don't be afraid to get some Motrin and take it daily.

Best of luck!!

Comment

We weren't allowed Advil or anything like that.....my old muscles would have K ILLED for some on bad days

Comment

ok so you all have been very helpful,I did my asvab yesterday and passed so next is meeps.When can i apply for tricare health insurance for my family and get them i.d. cards?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnA74 View Post
              ok so you all have been very helpful,I did my asvab yesterday and passed so next is meeps.When can i apply for tricare health insurance for my family and get them i.d. cards?
              Once you have officially enlisted (swore in) and you/your family are in DEERS, you'll be able to get in touch with TRICARE to set up a health care plan!
              Here's the TRICARE website to look at.

Comment

Just remember, if she can do it, you can.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#axzz2KE1PhMb8 <--article

Comment

Thanks again just waiting on my wavier to get approved saying prays,hopefully i can be too meeps by the end of the month and get things going.

Comment

Working...
                  X