X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions about BCT need help.

I will be leaving around spring time for BCT and my sister will be graduating highschool in May but i'll have been in AIT for a few weeks then, would it be possible for me to use my leave time that I built up in basic to come back for 2 days to see her graduate? I understand that it could be a hassle to do that if at all possible but, I would do whatever it took to get back to see that.

Re: Some questions about BCT need help.

Could happen but I Really doubt your chain of command will approve it. You're there for training, not leaving. Leave isn't just granted off the cuff. I wouldn't make any plans or promises on being there. Get her a card and some money on family day or graduation, take it with you to AIT (in case you don't get a pass) and mail it to her.

Comment

99.999999999% sure that is not going to happen. Sorry but get used to it. All graduations and weddings from now on will fall during training. lol jk but am serious that it isnt going to happen. In my opinion it is one thing that brings Soldiers together, we have all missed many things that civilians got to attend. Something in comman and makes for a stronger bond between each other.

Comment

Lol, well I did figure that it would be near impossible to get approved. However, I will still try even if it makes me look stupid lol... I also understand there are things i'll miss and that's just part of it but hopefully if God's willing I won't have to miss this. Much thanks to both of you.

Comment

say if you graduated high school early and wanted to attend the official graduation ceremony then its a very iffy maybe. otherwise no.

Comment

Originally posted by WIBecky74 View Post
            All graduations and weddings from now on will fall during training.
            Haha! I swear the Army has a copy of my personal schedule for this specific purpose. 2 anniversaries in a row, wife's birthday, daughter's birthday, my birthday, etc. Get ready to miss lots of dinners.

Comment

You may get approved don't give up hope. Now a lot of things would have to come into play. For example it all depends on what Phase you are. For example if you are a Phase 5 or 5+ and you have a flight ticket going there and being back before recall you may be able to go. However its case by case you have to be in good standing it cant be on a test day or it cant effect anything. It may be considered emergency leave but it is all on your commander and what he decides. If you need any other help feel free to message me.

Comment

Originally posted by pv2aguayo View Post
                You may get approved don't give up hope. Now a lot of things would have to come into play. For example it all depends on what Phase you are. For example if you are a Phase 5 or 5+ and you have a flight ticket going there and being back before recall you may be able to go. However its case by case you have to be in good standing it cant be on a test day or it cant effect anything. It may be considered emergency leave but it is all on your commander and what he decides. If you need any other help feel free to message me.
                Why in the world would they consider his sister's graduation an acceptable use of military leave? There was a guy in my battery whose wife had a baby and he couldn't leave...but tey did let him call her for a bit.

Comment

Working...
                X