X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long until you ship for Bct?

Hi I was wondering if you could help me, I apologize if it my seem like an idiotic question.
    But I was wondering how long until I ship for BCT. I go to meps next week for my physical and choosing my job ( asvab is done) I know it may vary depending on your mos; but just a general timeframe or anything would be nice. I'm also a GED applicant.

Re: How long until you ship for Bct?

It does vary on your MOS because they try to line it up where you can flow fairly quickly from BCT straight to AIT without a break. It's hard to give a "general" timeframe.

Others can chime in if they want, but I shipped less than 2 months after signing my contract (29 Aug-18 Oct 2011). That was considered pretty fast. I was a 09S though so no AIT to attend.

Comment

Does it matter that I'm a GED applicant?

Comment

Raymond,

No, you being a GED applicant should of no effect in regards to when you ship out. My recruiter originally told me it would be anywhere from 1 - 8 months out. I requested to ship out in April and was able to get April 15th as my ship out date. When you get in front of the NG counselor at MEPS just let them know the time frame you prefer to ship out, if its possible they will try to work it out. Keep in mind, the longer you push it out the more RSP sessions you will be able to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by SierraBravo View Post
          Raymond,

No, you being a GED applicant should of no effect in regards to when you ship out. My recruiter originally told me it would be anywhere from 1 - 8 months out. I requested to ship out in April and was able to get April 15th as my ship out date. When you get in front of the NG counselor at MEPS just let them know the time frame you prefer to ship out, if its possible they will try to work it out. Keep in mind, the longer you push it out the more RSP sessions you will be able to attend.
          Okay thanks a lot; very helpful

Comment

Working...
          X