Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birthday during BCT does APFT reflect new age?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Birthday during BCT does APFT reflect new age?

    I ship to basic in April at the ripe age of 31. My birthday is in May, which I will obviously celebrate at BCT. My question is simple, will my basic APFT scores be based off my age at time of testing, so the graduation test will be off my 32 age and not 31? Just curious, I am hitting around 70 on all parts at the 31 age group but should be around 80-90 in the 32 age group and I am sure toward graduation I can be near 100.

    Regards!

  • #2
    Re: Birthday during BCT does APFT reflect new age?

    The conversation will go something like this:

    DS: How old are you, Pvt?
    You: 31, Drill Sergeant!
    DS: Get in line!

    It is what it is. If you take an initial APFT and score ok when you are 31, and take another one and score higher when you are 32, it's to your advantage.

    Don't overthink it!

    Good luck!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Birthday during BCT does APFT reflect new age?

      Yes it changes. We prepared our own pt cards in basic. Every pt test we did, the grader asked our age before we started.

      Plain answer, yes it will be off your current age.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Birthday during BCT does APFT reflect new age?

        Originally posted by NCGuard View Post
        Plain answer, yes it will be off your current age.
        Awesome! With a little bit of work I should be able to come out of basic with a 300 score then. I understand a 300 score might give me a little more liberty during AIT.

        Regards!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Birthday during BCT does APFT reflect new age?

          Originally posted by NCGuard View Post
          Yes it changes. We prepared our own pt cards in basic. Every pt test we did, the grader asked our age before we started.

          Plain answer, yes it will be off your current age.
          +1. This was the same answer I had in my head when I saw this thread.

          OP, When I was in Afghanistan late last year and had my PT test a month before re-deploying, I knew it was the last time I was putting down 46 on my PT card. Got a hundred in two of my three events.

          Leave is almost over for me and I turned the young 47 while on it and now in a new PT bracket. I think I do not even need to work out to achieve the mininum. If you were in my age group, you will have up to 19 minutes and 20 seconds to pass the run. Easy for you, huh?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Birthday during BCT does APFT reflect new age?

            Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
            If you were in my age group, you will have up to 19 minutes and 20 seconds to pass the run. Easy for you, huh?
            I just ran 2 miles today, outside in an area of decent elevation and timed it at 16:29. Granted I didn't push myself very hard and quite a bit of the run is uphill. I imagine I could time in under 15 minutes if I push myself on a track run. This is in my current fitness state, I an only improve during BCT. So yeah, 19min 20 sec would be easy for me At that pace I doubt I'd break a sweat Let's see how I manage at 47 though.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Birthday during BCT does APFT reflect new age?

              Originally posted by SierraBravo View Post
              I ship to basic in April at the ripe age of 31. My birthday is in May, which I will obviously celebrate at BCT. My question is simple, will my basic APFT scores be based off my age at time of testing, so the graduation test will be off my 32 age and not 31? Just curious, I am hitting around 70 on all parts at the 31 age group but should be around 80-90 in the 32 age group and I am sure toward graduation I can be near 100.

              Regards!
              I turned 33 in AIT last summer so I was already in the 32-36 age bracket for APFT, but the way I understand it, it should go off of your age, like even if you turn 32 the day of your end of cycle PT test they should base your scores off of you being 32. In AIT it seemed the more I slacked off in morning PT, the better my PT scores got. Probably just from age, lack of sleep and my body needing to repair itself. My run stayed pretty much the same all through AIT (crappy). But I never failed a PT test.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Birthday during BCT does APFT reflect new age?

                Your current age is ALWAYS what your scores are based off of. If you do know you have changed age between PT tests and dont remember being asked your age, make sure the grader is aware of it. But at all times, your current age is the bracket you are graded on. And you will not be celebrating your bday in BCT, one will come and one will go, but you will not be celebrating. lol Just teasin'. I turned 32 in BCT. I didnt tell anyone, but up to you!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Birthday during BCT does APFT reflect new age?

                  Originally posted by WIBecky74 View Post
                  you will not be celebrating your bday in BCT
                  aww shucks, I was hoping for cake and a PT break Of course I'm kidding, I will probably not mention it in fear that the DS idea of celebration might involve extra PT.

                  Thank you for the response!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X