Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If some one were to not show up..

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
    Sure they would. I was practically indicating that in my previous post. As long as a background check isn't done and this doesn't come up. Again, government job doesn't automatically equal one.
    I guess it also depends on just what kind of government job it is.

Comment

My point was that being in the National Guard will open up opportunities for people such as working for the Federal Government. You wouldn't believe the number of soldiers I talk to that have gotten all kinds of Fed. jobs: Federal Prisons, Immigration, Federal Law Enforcement, Protective Services, the Post Office, working for the DoD, and the list goes on...

Shoot I applied for a job making $70/hour the other day, and what got me the call back was being in the Guard! (though they said my resume was not technical enough, so get your technical education too!)

I think it would be a tragedy not to ship to basic.....I really just want to discourage people from messing up future opportunities.
      Last edited by Chaplain4me; November 21st, 2012, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post

I think it would be a tragedy not to ship to basic.....I really just want to discourage people from messing up future opportunities.
        I totally agree with you!

Comment

While I certainly do not condone nor recommend it, the behavior of essentially "quitting", (which may take a variety of forms), ultimately processes the new recruit as an entry level separation which would require a waiver in the future to reenlist. That's it. I often chuckle when read the "Federal Agents from the Black Ops Ninja are going to arrest you" stories. It's still not a positive thing for a variety of reasons, and I feel you should not only live up to your obligations, but it will serve you well if you do follow through. Even so, it doesn't follow you to the grave, as it's been somewhat suggested here.

As a point of clarification, National Guard soldiers going to IADT aren't on Title 10 orders. They are on Title 32 orders for training.

Comment

While I know its not a good thing but why do some people consider it the end of the world if you can't get a job with the Federal Government? At the rate we're going EVERYONE is going to end up being a Federal employee!

Comment

No if you don't show the ninja's will come, with helicopters, tanks, field artillery, a battalion of infantry to arrest the awol soldier!

Comment

Working...
              X