Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prior service/ was navy went active army-maybe guard now?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior service/ was navy went active army-maybe guard now?

Will I have to go through Army BCT if I enlist in the guard? It's been about a month since I got off active duty and I came in originally blue to green. I have done a transition program that was 8 weeks of none fun from the Navy to the Army. I am still MOS qualified as a 68W. Any takers of this question? I really don't want to go through basic again and play rain deer games or run through battle drill 1alpha fifty times....oh no it's the confidence tower....it's too tall!

Re: Prior service/ was navy went active army-maybe guard now?

I will say no but check with the NG recruiter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tear8990 View Post
      Will I have to go through Army BCT if I enlist in the guard? It's been about a month since I got off active duty and I came in originally blue to green. I have done a transition program that was 8 weeks of none fun from the Navy to the Army. I am still MOS qualified as a 68W. Any takers of this question? I really don't want to go through basic again and play rain deer games or run through battle drill 1alpha fifty times....oh no it's the confidence tower....it's too tall!
      I'm not familiar with the 8 week transition program you're referring to. Did this program allow you to serve in the Active Duty Army before you "got out"? Meaning, did you get out as a Soldier? If so, then it's likely you'll be fine. However, if you are coming off of Navy Active Duty and you want to go National Guard, the regulations state that PS applicants must have attended Army BCT or the Marine Corps Boot camp (exceptions being former SEALs).

Ultimately, I agree with fmcityslicker. Verify your eligibility with a recruiter. Here's how to reach one online: Pre-Qualification form

Comment

8week warrior transition program...I got out as a soldier...

Comment

No you will not have to attend Army Basic Training. The course you took in the Blue to Green program grand fathers you in. Plus you are being discharged from AD Army. If you had been discharged straight from the Navy or the Guard without Army or Marine basic training or boot camp then yes you would have to go back thru Army BT.

Comment

Originally posted by Tear8990 View Post
            8week warrior transition program...I got out as a soldier...
            OK, great! As both Airborne and I said, you should be fine! Good luck with re-enlisting.

Comment

I am just curious on why you did not get that information when you went through ACAP.

https://www.acap.army.mil/

Comment

Working...
              X