X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taxes during bct/ait

I will be in ait during the February tax season, will I have a chance to file my taxes? I did not see this question asked anywhere else on the forums.

Re: taxes during bct/ait

No, they won't give you a chance to do it. You can just do it when you get back, you wont have any penalties for that.

Comment

Thank you, at least now I can plan ahead for that.

Comment

You will get a holiday break in there. If you just have simple taxes - such as a job or two and just file - no complications such as property or own business or anything - you can use your last pay stub during break and file it yourself. I've always filed mine before even getting my W2s for like the last 15+ years doing it that way. You can also use a few online filing services that allow you to file for free being a military member. I use Tax Slayer and they offer it for free. Not advertising for them, there are others just as good out there but they have worked great for me.

As mentioned though, if you want to focus all your energy on training and family if you do go home for the holiday break, there are no penalties for filing late if you are on orders.
        Last edited by WIBecky74; September 7th, 2012, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Thank you I will have to keep that in mind, I have used the H & R block online service for years now.

Comment

Working...
          X