X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What bag should I take to BCT

I seen the packing list and I plan on packing light as possible but not sure if the bags I have will work. They were bought a few years ago for camping and whatever. First one is a med woodland alice w/frame, I'm pretty sure I will not take it. The only other one I have is the Molle II 3 day pack. I know the size of it would be ok but it is woodland camo. Not sure if that would make me stand out in a bad way. I could just buy a cheapo if needed. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: What bag should I take to BCT

I am confused.

You'll get issued everything there. You will not utilize anything you bring for training purposes. Did anyone tell you otherwise?

Comment

I think he wants to know which bag to use to pack his things to go to BCT, not necessarily what to use at BCT. He's worried that packing a camo patterned bag will make him stand out from the crowd (and attract attention from the DS).

My advice, buy a 15 dollar duffle bag, preferably black, but anything that doe not stand out enough to warrant unnecessary attention, but enough so you'll recognize it instantly.

Comment

You're not going to have your bags in Basic anyways. You'll see it the first day then you'll see it the last day. Don't worry about attention... you're going to grab it whether you like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by National poG View Post
          I think he wants to know which bag to use to pack his things to go to BCT, not necessarily what to use at BCT. He's worried that packing a camo patterned bag will make him stand out from the crowd (and attract attention from the DS).

My advice, buy a 15 dollar duffle bag, preferably black, but anything that doe not stand out enough to warrant unnecessary attention, but enough so you'll recognize it instantly.
          Ah I see. Since he mentioned ALICE and MOLLE packs in the post, I thought what I thought. Since most people don't have those just because.

Comment

If you feel more comfy purchasing a cheap bag go for it, but you really do not have to. The biggest concern is to not bring the kitchen sink, it can even be a larger bag, just dont fill it completly. You already said you are aware of that. They arent going to care about your bag color, and if they do, they were going to make a stink no matter what just for the 'training process' and it wasnt anything specific you did. I'm sure you know this, but they WILL find things wrong even when everyone else thinks they are perfect, so just remember it isnt personal, its just training. Have fun!

Comment

Working...
            X