X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about BCT packing list

Most of the items I've already procured but my main concern is the following items:
    PT Shorts/Sweat Pants/Shirt/Sweat shirt

Is this referring to civilian clothes used for PT or the PT clothing we were issued in RSP?
    Also I'm assuming that when it says "No Plain White or Red" I have to have any other color than those two listed?

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Re: Question about BCT packing list

Originally posted by Gambit View Post
    Most of the items I've already procured but my main concern is the following items:
    PT Shorts/Sweat Pants/Shirt/Sweat shirt

Is this referring to civilian clothes used for PT or the PT clothing we were issued in RSP?
    Also I'm assuming that when it says "No Plain White or Red" I have to have any other color than those two listed?

Any help is appreciated, thank you.
    The PT gear that you speak of is likely the military PT uniform you are given, if at all, at RSP. Honestly, though, I'm really confused by what list you are "reading" from. Here's a link to the items you'll need to have with you for BCT: http://bit.ly/M4OWaq Nothing you're remotely asking about is on there, but hopefully this link will help you get prepared. Good luck!
    Last edited by RyCass; August 8th, 2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

I have been told over and over again do not take anything with you to BCT that you were issued at RSP. The Army will issue you everything you need, or give you the opportunity to buy it.

Comment

not to hijack, but was always curious on this...."___3 pairs of underwear (white, black or beige)".

are they referring specifically to tighty-whiteys. Or can we bring boxers/boxer briefs/ranger panties?

Comment

Originally posted by Loyal0ne81 View Post
          not to hijack, but was always curious on this...."___3 pairs of underwear (white, black or beige)".

are they referring specifically to tighty-whiteys. Or can we bring boxers/boxer briefs/ranger panties?
          I'm sure they still do this, but you'll likely get issued "tighty-whiteys" when you get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Loyal0ne81 View Post

What are "ranger panties"?

Comment

if you are going to a pre-ship site, you will need civis for those 3 days, which is why they want you to bring that stuff. if not, having the clothes you wear to meps the day you ship with an extra pair of socks and underwear you should be good. the night you get there, you will be issued your pt uniforms, and then will promptly change into them, where you will stay for a few weeks. they will give you brownie frownies, but if it is still hot, just dont wear them, it gets too hot, you will chaffe and be a heat casualty, and then people will laugh at you. free balling is where its at when it comes to acu's. and chris, ranger panties are the short green shorts, emphasis on short, that rangers wear, or at least used to for pt. basically, they are cross country shorts, the ones that have as little material as possible

Comment

Working...
              X