X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about leaving for basic?

Kinda confused. 2 questions here. Someone told me if i choose to ship out right away they might ship me out in a few months. And they also said if i choose to ship out in a few months it could be a while (up to 6months - 1 year?) Also, if I DO choose to ship out in a few months, will i get my ACU's right away?

Re: Question about leaving for basic?

Why in such a hurry to get your ACUs? You only wear them for drill weekends. If your ship date is longer than 3 months out after you join, you will most likely be issued a uniform while at the RSP. It may be given to you the first month, or it may take a month or 2 to come in after they order it.

Comment

Re: Question about leaving for basic?

Originally posted by Zmeiler91 View Post
      Kinda confused. 2 questions here. Someone told me if i choose to ship out right away they might ship me out in a few months. And they also said if i choose to ship out in a few months it could be a while (up to 6months - 1 year?) Also, if I DO choose to ship out in a few months, will i get my ACU's right away?
      When you say "someone", would that be your recruiter? If it is, then it sounds like you've got a choice between waiting a few months to waiting 6-12 months. No one can tell you what choice is right for you but yourself.

HR NCO is correct. You'll likely get a set of ACU's during RSP, but if you don't, you'll get all you need at BCT.

Here's some information on what you can expect during RSP. This might help you decide if you want to ship out right away: http://bit.ly/Lb8SNZ

Comment

Working...
      X