X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late first paycheck?

I've read in different places that the first paycheck you get at BCT is late. I planned to use vacation time from my job to cover my first check (I have a wife & kids at home and I can't afford to miss a pay period). At RSP, a Sergeant told me that it would be a month before I get my first check. I ship to Fort Jackson on August 20th and this has me concerned. Is this still accurate information? On a side note: Its 2012, what's wrong with the technology and ability to pay people on time?

Re: Late first paycheck?

They have to tell you at the RSP because that is the worst case scenario, but I have never in 5 years of working at the RSP have a soldier that it took 30 days to pay. The longest potentially it should take would be 20 days. It will all depend on what day you in process as to when you get paid. Lets say for instance you happen to inprocess on the 10th of the month, then most likely it would be too late to get paid on the 15th, thus the 20 day wait to get paid at the end of the month. More likely than not though you'll be paid within 2 weeks of starting training.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
      They have to tell you at the RSP because that is the worst case scenario, but I have never in 5 years of working at the RSP have a soldier that it took 30 days to pay. The longest potentially it should take would be 20 days. It will all depend on what day you in process as to when you get paid. Lets say for instance you happen to inprocess on the 10th of the month, then most likely it would be too late to get paid on the 15th, thus the 20 day wait to get paid at the end of the month. More likely than not though you'll be paid within 2 weeks of starting training.
      Ok, thank you for the information. I will hope for the best (and plan for the worst). I figured my first check would be late. I didn't hear about pay being a month late until I went to RSP...and the sergeant that told me that was the Admin that was handling all of my paperwork! ...I'll be praying hard about this one. :-)

Comment

Stay on top of it. The military is the only organization that can get away with not paying you, paying you late or not paying you correctly. This won't be the last time it will happen either.
        Last edited by SteveLord; July 31st, 2012, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Make SURE your SF-1199A (this is the form with your bank account's direct deposit information) is filled out correctly. There was an error in my routing number which resulted in me not getting paid a dime from the Army until about a month after I had graduated from AIT. Thirty seconds of attention to detail can save you months of headache.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
            Stay on top of it. The military is the only organization that can get away with not paying you, paying you late or not paying you correctly. This won't be the last time it will happen either.
            I haven't been paid for my last 2 drills.....they keep saying they're looking into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
              I haven't been paid for my last 2 drills.....they keep saying they're looking into it.
              Seriously??? Ok, that's unacceptable. You need to call them during the week about this, not just wait till drill. I'd say one call a week would be about right.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                Seriously??? Ok, that's unacceptable. You need to call them during the week about this, not just wait till drill. I'd say one call a week would be about right.
                Ever since they sent in my promotion paperwork I have not received any drill pay, but apparently I am also still in the system as an E3.....3 months later. So I don't know if it is a promotion glitch, a pay glitch or both.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                  Ever since they sent in my promotion paperwork I have not received any drill pay, but apparently I am also still in the system as an E3.....3 months later. So I don't know if it is a promotion glitch, a pay glitch or both.
                  The promotion and pay are two separate issues...whether or not the promotion was processed should not affect you getting any paycheck at all.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWelch View Post
                    I've read in different places that the first paycheck you get at BCT is late. I planned to use vacation time from my job to cover my first check (I have a wife & kids at home and I can't afford to miss a pay period). At RSP, a Sergeant told me that it would be a month before I get my first check. I ship to Fort Jackson on August 20th and this has me concerned. Is this still accurate information? On a side note: Its 2012, what's wrong with the technology and ability to pay people on time?
                    In 2012 with all the facts and information on money management, why are working people still surviving paycheck from paycheck?

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                      In 2012 with all the facts and information on money management, why are working people still surviving paycheck from paycheck?
                      There are 10x as many ways to spend money (or have it spent for you) than there is to save it and not everyone gets their student loans and healthcare paid by Uncle Sam.

But to remain on topic: Some say the dumb ones become infantry. I would argue the dumb ones go into HR. It is 2012 and you will also wonder how the military ever got anything done on time without a cellphone in every soldier's hands.
                      Last edited by SteveLord; August 1st, 2012, 12:24 AM.

Comment

There are 10x as many ways to spend money (or have it spent for you) than there is to save it and not everyone gets their student loans and healthcare paid by Uncle Sam.

But to remain on topic: Some say the dumb ones become infantry. I would argue the dumb ones go into HR. It is 2012 and you will also wonder how the military ever got anything done on time without a cellphone in every soldier's hands.
                        So true my lord lol. Sorry, I been watching Games of Thrones and it is a very good series.

Comment

But to remain on topic: Some say the dumb ones become infantry. I would argue the dumb ones go into HR.
                          whoaaaaaaaa now!!! how is that remaining on topic? lol

Be glad you are out...otherwise you'd have a nice pay problem to look forward to, I would be sure to make that happen!

Comment

You guys shouldn't be doing this for the money.

edit: since everyone would probably think I'm serious, I must clarify that im not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
                              You guys shouldn't be doing this for the money.

edit: since everyone would probably think I'm serious, I must clarify that im not.
                              Lol! Wait...you all aren't rich? You mean all soldiers aren't millionaires?! Talk about missing the fine print in a contract...

Comment

Working...
                              X