X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letters?

Ok so I have a pretty unique situation. Me and the Wife are very close to enlistment and will be out to basic within a few months. Pretty sure we wont be at the same basic base which is not a problem. The question she has is, will she be able to send letters from one basic camp to another? and same thing goes for phone calls?

Appreciate the info guys.

Re: Letters?

Yes, because you are married. We had a couple that was married but in different batteries and it was 'announced' (by the DS's) that they were the ONLY exceptions to 'recruits writing recruits' because they were married. They were allowed to send letter to each other and, of course, call.....but that means your phone privileges will have to coordinate at the same time, which might be tricky. In any other case, relationships between recruits is forbidden.

Comment

and a non-married couple would be out of luck correct?

Comment

That's not good news for me x_x ... My girlfriend and I are both shipping in Sept, her to Jackson and myself to FLW. I suppose we could send letters home and have them forwarded to each other. Has anyone else experienced these circumstances (not married)?

Comment

I'm not sure if it would make a difference if you are in 2 different places but we were told, when in a training environment letters to and from recruits was a big NO-GO.

Comment

Working...
          X