X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprints at basic

At basic do they do sprinting or just long running, what are the sprints like?

Re: Sprints at basic

Both. Sprints for me were intervals. We started with 30/60 and then wen to 60/120. In case you arent familiar those numbers are seconds for run / walk intervals (i.e. run 30 seconds, walk 60 seconds, etc...). There were also company runs that are all together and then ability runs where you will be grouped according to speed in either A, B, or C group. The A group is usually a 6:00-7:00 minute mile pace, with C group being a very manageable 9:00-10:00 minute mile pace. It will also most like vary by training post. I was at Ft. Jackson. I'm sure soldiers training at Ft. Benning do things differently. Regardless, in every case, everyone's run improved. Mine dropped almost 2 minutes from the start of BCT to the EOC at the end. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-O View Post
      Both. Sprints for me were intervals. We started with 30/60 and then wen to 60/120. In case you arent familiar those numbers are seconds for run / walk intervals (i.e. run 30 seconds, walk 60 seconds, etc...). There were also company runs that are all together and then ability runs where you will be grouped according to speed in either A, B, or C group. The A group is usually a 6:00-7:00 minute mile pace, with C group being a very manageable 9:00-10:00 minute mile pace. It will also most like vary by training post. I was at Ft. Jackson. I'm sure soldiers training at Ft. Benning do things differently. Regardless, in every case, everyone's run improved. Mine dropped almost 2 minutes from the start of BCT to the EOC at the end. Hope this helps. Good luck!
      Thanks a lot! And thank you for serving!

Comment

60/120s are hands down the best exercise you can do if you struggle with your run. I was always slow on mine, so every night after final formation, i would get on an eliptical and do 60/60s and i saw a 3 minute improvement in 2 weeks on my 2 mile

Comment

Originally posted by Bcutberth View Post
          what are the sprints like?
          Like jogging, but faster. If I remember correctly, it's left then right.

Comment

You will do all of the above. Just when you think there is no other way to incorporate running into PT your drill sergeants will find another way.

Comment

i thought ABC ability groups were used for every BCT or OSUT. I also thought that the PT test you take closest to reception is the one that splits you into what group. Are there different people from different ability groups in every platoon, or are platoons different ability groups? just random question

Comment

Working...
              X