X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overweight, and shipping to basic in two weeks

I am overweight and I'll be shipping to Basic on 20120613. I pass the tape test every month, PT test, but am at 25-24% body fat. Do they Tape you at Reception? The Ohio guard doesnt have you go to MEPS before you ship. I also don't want to be put into Fat Camp because I have a mandatory return date, due to me being only a Junior at the moment.

Re: Overweight, and shipping to basic in two weeks

If you have continued to pass the tape test, you should be in good shape. Just don't slack off, continue to workout and take weight off prior to Basic. There is a lot you can accomplish in 2 weeks. Here is what you can expect at the Reception http://bit.ly/LI15rO

Comment

Originally posted by musingfornoreason View Post
      I am overweight and I'll be shipping to Basic on 20120613. I pass the tape test every month, PT test, but am at 25-24% body fat. Do they Tape you at Reception? The Ohio guard doesnt have you go to MEPS before you ship. I also don't want to be put into Fat Camp because I have a mandatory return date, due to me being only a Junior at the moment.
      If you've been passing every RSP drill, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. I guarantee you will lose between 15 to 30 pounds while you're at BCT.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
        If you've been passing every RSP drill, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. I guarantee you will lose between 15 to 30 pounds while you're at BCT.
        Agreed. I left MEPS that morning at 166 lbs, I came back at 138. Bigger guys lost even more.

Comment

We had a guy come in at 272 and graduated under 200, with the right amount of motivation and the support of your battle buddies, nothing is impossible.

BC 31st EN BN 3rd PLT - House of PAIN

Comment

You should be fine. Stay motivated and you will see the pounds drop off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigershark View Post
              You should be fine. Stay motivated and you will see the pounds drop off.
              You should have noticed the thread title and date it was created if you weren't in such a hurry to increase your post count.

Comment

Im also overweight can i ship to bct at 230lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by mickey View Post
                  What's your height & body fat %?

It's not impossible for you to be over & still get shipped out. Have you completed your enlistment process? MEPS, contract, sworn in, etc...?

Comment

Originally posted by mickey View Post

You have to meet body fat percentage, at a minimum, before you can ship. Here's a Fitness Calculator that can help you determine where you stand.

Comment

I know more than a couple of soldiers that were not allowed to re-enlist due to weight and flag.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                        i know more than a couple of soldiers that were not allowed to re-enlist due to weight and flag.

wtf!!??!!??

Comment

Originally posted by SpcSlimDizzle View Post
                          wtf!!??!!??
                          And by the patch, this one is Guard or Reserve. Might look like the same soldier with the pizzas but the name and rank is different.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                            And by the patch, this one is Guard or Reserve. Might look like the same soldier with the pizzas but the name and rank is different.

Are these IRR soldiers the pull up because they have to? No way they let these guys stay in. I thought I was big....there even appears to be fat coming out his boots.

Comment

I just met the tape and bmi requirement, but I will push to lose a little more before I enlist. I'm excited that I managed to lose weight on my own and I'm glad to be self motivated. I will hopefully be enlisting in Feb God willing and if all goes as planned.

Comment

Working...
                              X