X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCT reception question

Can someone please tell me exactly what is going to happen during reception week? Is it basically like doing the physical at MEPS all over again? Vision test? Urine/Blood test? Hearing test? Duck walk?

Re: BCT reception question

Similar, but no duck walk. It is mostly paperwork, uniform/boot sizing and issuance, running shoe/hygiene item purchasing, shots, vision/hearing test. They will also likely conduct a 1-1-1 PT test. Best case scenario, you're done in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
      Similar, but no duck walk. It is mostly paperwork, uniform/boot sizing and issuance, running shoe/hygiene item purchasing, shots, vision/hearing test. They will also likely conduct a 1-1-1 PT test. Best case scenario, you're done in a week.
      In both of the times I have gone in the last 2 years, there has been no 1-1-1. something about not being fully medically cleared, so they can't pt us. We did our 1-1-1 on the 2nd day of BCT, and a 2-2-2 on the first day of AIT (split op). Other than that, still spot on about what happens down there. OP, they will keep you up for almost 72 hours when you get there with maybe an hour of sleep. get as much sleep on the plane/bus as possible, you will thank me later.

Comment

You'll wait in lines for seven to ten days, and wish you were getting smoked.

Comment

Reception is the worst part about basic training. You will stand in line or sit around for hours and wait for your turn to do a 2-5 minute task. Its annoying, but it is necessary to get so many soldiers processed. You will wake up way too early, eat 3 meals a day, do absolutely no PT and question why you joined. You will get shots, dental, uniforms, go through finance, take your photo, ect. You will have Drill Sgts watching over you, but they wont be the drill sgts that you have at basic. Finally, at the end of 7-10 days you will get picked up by your actual drill sgts and they will take you to basic training land.

Comment

Lots of lines and the worst part was actually the soldiers you are in line with. The bravo types who are like' "you better not touch me." Even when the sergeants has speciffically said to be heel to toe. I was unlucky enough to be sent to basic early. I had my orders and went through reception, but got to my first company was smoked for two days then told to pack up because I was in the wrong class. Smoked again for two days and packed and moved back to my original platoon. Moved again the next day to a completely different company. Before I finally started basic I was moved between 4 different companies within the first 10 days. I hope no one ever has to go through that fiasco.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13A View Post
              You'll wait in lines for seven to ten days, and wish you were getting smoked.
              This just about sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigershark View Post
                Lots of lines and the worst part was actually the soldiers you are in line with. The bravo types who are like' "you better not touch me."
                Yeah. And gay jokes. And giggling. And farting.

My God I'm glad I'm MOS'Qd.

Comment

Does the reception process vary from NG to NG? Im in PAANG so... i know i have to report to my MEPS station, do something there, before i ship out. I thought it would be just like the MEPS process for when i enlisted?

Comment

Originally posted by WeltonBree2012 View Post
                    Does the reception process vary from NG to NG? Im in PAANG so... i know i have to report to my MEPS station, do something there, before i ship out. I thought it would be just like the MEPS process for when i enlisted?
                    Reception is when you get to basic - usually about a week of in processing like shots, paperwork, uniform issue etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X