X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy System?

Could my buddy and I go through basic together if we join together and sign up for the same MOS? Just wondering if the Army still allowed the buddy system in basic training?

Re: Buddy System?

That isn't an enlistment option, however there could be a good chance if you join at the same time that you could be scheduled to ship out together.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
      That isn't an enlistment option, however there could be a good chance if you join at the same time that you could be scheduled to ship out together.
      +1 I enlisted with a whole group of guys from my school, and we all ended up in the same company, out of the like.. 12 of us, 3 of them were even in my platoon.

Comment

The National Guard no longer offers the buddy system as an enlistment option. However, as others have mentioned, it's definitely a possibility you could all train together! To increase your odds, be sure to talk to your recruiter about shipping out at the same time.

Comment

Talk to your recruiter. They can probably figure out a way to make it work, but be warned it will not be guaranteed.

Comment

Me and a friend joined together with the same MOS last year. There is no buddy system, but as long as you go to MEPS and sign up together on the same day, chances are you will end up training together as long as nothing comes up at reception for either of you. We went to MEPS together, and both shipped to Fort Sill, but for some reason we were sent to reception 1 day apart so we did not end up in the same basic training battery. Our recruiter thought that it could be changed, but it wasnt possible. However, we did end up at the same AIT. Tip: Use the same recruiter, ship to MEPS together, dont sign at MEPS until they have you both shipping to the same place on the same day.
            Last edited by 12 ROMEO; May 29th, 2012, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X