Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about BCT holiday pay.

Hello all,

I ship 29102012 for 11B OSUT in Ft. Benning, Ga. As I understand it I will be able to fly home around the 18th of December for holiday leave and return sometime after the new year. My question is this: I will still be on leave from my full time job during these 2 weeks and I was wondering if I will still receive a paycheck from the Army while on said holiday leave.

I'd like to use the holiday time to spend as much time with my newborn and wife as possible.

Thanks everyone!
    Josh

Re: Question about BCT holiday pay.

Yes, you will receive a paycheck. However, if you don't have enough leave accrued by the time you finish AIT you will have to pay back some of it. You earn 2.5 days a month, you do the math to see if you'll be in training long enough to cover 15 days of holiday leave.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
      Yes, you will receive a paycheck. However, if you don't have enough leave accrued by the time you finish AIT you will have to pay back some of it. You earn 2.5 days a month, you do the math to see if you'll be in training long enough to cover 15 days of holiday leave.
      aka. you are going to be paying that back for quite a while on drilling status. Also, benning will most likely overpay you when you go to leave, they will take that back too. I didn't get a paycheck for an entire year after finishing OSUT due to the over paying problem.. also, you will have about 5 days of leave accrued by christmas, at best. so, just calculate how much you get paid in 10 days, and that is what you will pay back.

Comment

Yes, you will get paid from the Army. You will be considered and active duty soldier. You will still get full checks on the 1st and 15th. However, this will put you into "negative leave." You earn 2.5 vacation days per month and the Holiday Block Leave is usually 10-15 days. You will get a briefing on how you can earn this back without having to pay it. All you have to do is work some days with your recruiter during your leave and get it signed off. I did it last year and I ended up getting extra pay once I was done with training. You will have to pay for your flight to come home and go back though, but do it. Its worth every penny.

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate the response. This will be my first Christmas Holiday with my wife and newborn. Looking forward to it!

Comment

As long as you have direct deposit you will be good to go.

Comment

So if my husband has exodus he has to pay for the days he's out? If he doesn't have enough leave?..

And f he used advance pay for his ticket when will that get deducted? In dec. or jan

Comment

Originally posted by Tad012309 View Post
                So if my husband has exodus he has to pay for the days he's out? If he doesn't have enough leave?..

And f he used advance pay for his ticket when will that get deducted? In dec. or jan
                Yes, if you take leave without leave, essentially you will not get paid for those days, just like with any job.

Comment

For Guard and Reserve soldiers the amount of leave that WILL be earned while he is in training (at the 2.5 per month rate) can be taken ahead of actually earning it. For example, while I am at the school I am attending now I will earn 11 days of leave. If I wanted to take the leave during the exodus, I could take all 11 days and end up not paying on the back end. BUT, if that's all the leave that I have or would have on the books and I take a 12th day, my final paycheck would be short a days pay. If he took a cash advance to buy a plane ticket it will be taken out the next regular occuring pay date.

Comment

Working...
                  X