X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haircut

My RSP DS suggested that on our ship date we show up with a shaved head. I wasn't going to. Anyone have some input? Does it make a difference?

Re: Haircut

I would not do that if I were you. It will only draw attention to yourself from the Reception DS and, depending where you are going to, it can be bad..... very bad.

Plus, you get to pay for a military haircut once you get there, regardless if you need it or not. I say you go with a mohawk or a really BAD chili-bowl.

Comment

It isn't a bad idea to have it buzzed though. Not necessarily saying it has to be all gone, but throw a 2 guide on it and cut it off well in advance, just to get your head used to the sun. I know with me, when I went to pre-ship at Ft. Pickett here in VA, they made us shave it bald the first day we were there, and nobody got any special notice from the reception DS

Comment

Up to you. Everybody looks like a scared goon in reception, regardless of their hair length.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13D View Post
          Up to you. Everybody looks like a scared goon in reception, regardless of their hair length.
          hahahaha ain't that the truth

Comment

Do it, do it, do it! I'm not saying that to be funny either. It's actually good to have your name out there in basic (especially these times).

Make yourself known in a respectful way. Don't be THAT guy. Don't be the one picking on the Soldiers who need to learn.

Comment

My hair is already fairly short but I guess I'll get a fresh buzz the day or two before I leave. If I catch some **** for it so be it, I'm sure I'll catch some **** for something eventually anyway. Shipping out in 5 days HOOOOAHH!

Comment

The DS is telling you to do it because it is a good idea. When we ship from VA, EVERYONE gets there head shaved before getting on the plane. Not using a razor, but all the way down with no guard. It's going to happen to everyone once you get there anyways. Just do it the night before you leave.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                  The DS is telling you to do it because it is a good idea. When we ship from VA, EVERYONE gets there head shaved before getting on the plane. Not using a razor, but all the way down with no guard. It's going to happen to everyone once you get there anyways. Just do it the night before you leave.
                  with some pretty sketchy clippers if i might add lol. I am assuming you are at Pickett? someone needs to put new ones in the budget. I have scars on my head from those demon clippers

Comment

being in tx, i'm thinking about rocking the buzz cut all summer since i'll be doing a ton of PT outside. I shaved all my facial hair for the first time in years for my enlistment and am going to keep it clean. will probably still be fairly hairless going to Benning in August.

Comment

Originally posted by iambrian90 View Post
                      with some pretty sketchy clippers if i might add lol. I am assuming you are at Pickett? someone needs to put new ones in the budget. I have scars on my head from those demon clippers
                      LOL...no, I'm in Va Beach, but yes they are sketchy clippers I'm sure, and they cut 1000's of heads of hair a year.

Comment

It's not the equipment, it's the operator. They have no ***** to give when cutting your hair.

Comment

I did it myself haha. but to the OP, I cut my hair short to go to basic, 2 years ago, and have never even looked back. I have barely a fade now, with about a 2 on top and a 0 on the sides. hair is overrated

Comment

Working...
                          X