X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37 days and counting til I ship.

As stated in the title, i have 37 days until I leave for BCT. Is there anything i should really work on this last month? i already plan on cutting all cafine from my diet but is there anything Major? Thanks for any help.

Re: 37 days and counting til I ship.

There are hundreds of threads on the forum regarding this topic, and that's a very broad question. I'd love to help you out, but you need to be more specific!

Comment

well i guess the main part of the question would be PT, and any way i coud really just prepare myself. i know all of the blue book info.

Comment

I ship 20120612 ... I plan on cutting out all caffeine and I'm going to try and get on a good sleep schedule .... up at 5am, bed by 10.
        When I wake up, I'm going to try and get some PT in the morning - I'm used to working out after work, so I want to get my body used to really moving in the morning.
        Good luck to you!

Comment

Honestly, I would just enjoy your time at home and take advantage of the things you wont be able to enjoy at training. I would drink caffeine and sleep in late everyday. Believe me, there will be plenty of time for getting up early when you get to training. I did nothing to really get ready when I went and I still did just fine. If you are already reading up on things then you will be ahead of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
            Honestly, I would just enjoy your time at home and take advantage of the things you wont be able to enjoy at training. I would drink caffeine and sleep in late everyday. Believe me, there will be plenty of time for getting up early when you get to training. I did nothing to really get ready when I went and I still did just fine. If you are already reading up on things then you will be ahead of the game.
            +1

all i can say is that if you are a smoker/heavy drinker, cut that stuff out now, give your body time to adapt to it. especially smoking.. if you smoke, then are instantly cut off of it.. you will be sucking for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
              Agreed.

Remember all those recruits at MEPs who looked too fat, too skinny, or too dumb to be soldiers? Remember the ones who barely squeaked by at MEPS? If the Drill Sergeant can make them into soldiers, the Drill Sergeant can make you into a soldier. It's really an amazing process. So, assuming you were average when you went into MEPS, I wouldn't worry about getting ready for BCT or AIT...the army makes you ready!

Comment

thank you all very much for replies. i didn't expect anyone to say that lol but cut out the caffine because i get shakey when i dont have any. and yes i am of average size, probably in better shape than most actually.

Comment

Great advice here. Especially RSP NCO's about enjoying the time you have. You will get homesick to an extent.

Comment

I figured as much. i will try and enjoy the time i have. My girlfriend is freaking out. in a way its kinda funny.. Probably sounds mean but i cant help it.

Comment

That's awesome man keep up your training though, just slow down and do like 3 sessions of cardio

Comment

Working...
                      X