Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait for my top MOS? I just want to start my training soon.

Hey everyone,

I've been in the process of trying to get one of my top MOS's. 35F, 35L, 35M, 35P- Basically, Intelligence is where I am driven. My focus in college was Political Science and International Affairs, and felt these jobs were in line for what I want to do with my civilian career. My recruiter has been awesome, calling and emailing like crazy looking for any openings. There is just Nothing . I went to the local OCS board and was accepted for the state program since I have my degree- but for many reasons, I still want to enlist first. OCS will always be an option as long as I behave- it's just convenient that it is available now.

Has anyone waited a long period of time for an MOS to open up? I still have time- since I have to finish up some things with my current job, so between now and October is ideal.

Any advice on other MOS's to look at in case the 35 series just isn't available?

PS- I contacted a recruiter down in FL (near my hometown)- they said the 35 F MOS is available if I pass the DLAB. Also, I can transfer my MEPS phys. and ASVAB, but it's apparently a headache and annoying process (aren't most Army processes). Why wouldn't I have to pass the DLAB here in MA as well?

Thanks all, appreciate the feedback.

Re: Wait for my top MOS? I just want to start my training soon.

I think the recruiter or you messed up on the 35F requirements. 35F (intel analyst) does not have a language requirement. 35M (HUMINTer) does require a language. So either you typed the wrong letter or the recruiter miss spoke.

You can take 35L off that list and narrow it down to the other three as you cannot enlist as a 35L.

Comment

Re: Wait for my top MOS? I just want to start my training soon.

Originally posted by crimeguy View Post
      I think the recruiter or you messed up on the 35F requirements. 35F (intel analyst) does not have a language requirement. 35M (HUMINTer) does require a language. So either you typed the wrong letter or the recruiter miss spoke.

You can take 35L off that list and narrow it down to the other three as you cannot enlist as a 35L.
      I waited over a year for my MOS, and even moved to a state where it was available. The training for the Mike program is top-notch, and gives you a set of high demand skills, although I think the Foxes might be more marketable overall. 35F training is shorter, and not nearly as high speed as the Mike course. In my unit, 35M is not language dependent, though I've heard it is in the big army.

Comment

Working...
      X