• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Split Option BCT AIT

you should be fine, but you are right, MEPS will know the answers for sure

Comment

I agree with the NCO, get the ball rolling on your ASVAB and MEPS asap. When I enlisted in March they were having trouble getting a slot for me in SEPTEMBER because the summer was already full from all the high school kids. I'd say more than half the people in my RSP currently are either split-op high schoolers or seniors getting ready to ship this summer. Makes for fun times for us older folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Solrider View Post
        I agree with the NCO, get the ball rolling on your ASVAB and MEPS asap. When I enlisted in March they were having trouble getting a slot for me in SEPTEMBER because the summer was already full from all the high school kids. I'd say more than half the people in my RSP currently are either split-op high schoolers or seniors getting ready to ship this summer. Makes for fun times for us older folks!
        +1

most split op is 17 year old high school kids. your best bet on enlisting in the job you want is going in as soon after OCT 1 as possible, as it is the first day of the fiscal year. If you can't get a slot in what you want, but really dont want to do any other job, consider just holding off for a couple months.

Comment

Originally posted by iambrian90 View Post
          +1

most split op is 17 year old high school kids. your best bet on enlisting in the job you want is going in as soon after OCT 1 as possible, as it is the first day of the fiscal year. If you can't get a slot in what you want, but really dont want to do any other job, consider just holding off for a couple months.
          See i feel like if I don't go this year i'll just shoot for the rotc scholarship and go with a commision

Comment

it depends where you are planning on going to school.. For me, I go to a VERY conservative, military loving school. I tried to get into ROTC, but it has basically come down to needing a 3.8 and a 300 pt score to even get looked at.. when, at the school down the street, they are dying for people to join their program. Just make sure you are aware of what their program looks like before assuming you can jump right into it. Either way, if you are determined to get into the Army, and are willing to work hard, you will find something that will work out in the long run. Some people like being enlisted better than officer, and vice versa. also, you can go to OCS after you graduate if you just wait and go ahead with enlisting. I can't speak for all officers, as many of the ROTC ones are brilliant and many of the prior service are idiots, but in the minds of a lot of the joes, they like to see their leaders being in their shoes before they commission. It will also get your feet wet so you can make sure that is what you want. 6 years enlisted in the guard is much easier to do than an 8 year officer spot, as many officers do a lot of work for the guard on their own time. It is def. something you need to want.

But, by all means, keep talking to recruiters, try to get in this summer. All I am trying to say is dont give up hope if something doesnt work out perfectly the first time through

Comment

I understand. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              X