X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior BCT and ticket question

I will be shipping out to Ft Benning in March 5th and I just got a traffic ticket yesterday which I pleaded not guilty. I have an attorney that will take care of that ticket for me and he says it will not show up in my driving record but it will show up as pending ticket in the DMV database. Will that affect me once I get to reception?.

Re: Prior BCT and ticket question

I got a ticket about a month before I had to report to MEPS. I called my recruiter right away and he noted it in my packet. Then when I got to reception I made sure to tell my Guard liason as well. They called over the security officer (I was a 09S) and he asked a few questions then signed some documents and said I was fine. Mine was a simple ticket, nothing serious. That was it.

However, a guy at Basic with me got one just before he left and thought it would be discharged since he shipped, but he didn't tell anyone about it. When he finished Basic he got a rude awakening that his drivers license had been suspended. The moral of the story is make sure that someone follows up on it after you ship (a lawyer is good for that). My friend would have been fine had he just had someone follow up for him.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X