X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCT and BAH Questions

I will be leaving for Basic in roughly 5 weeks. Does anyone know how much I will be getting as far as pay a month for basic and ait? And also does the BAH start while I'm in basic or when I get out? Forgot to mention I have 2 dependants and I live in 37013

Re: BCT and BAH Questions

How does one know that his zip code and dependency status is required for BAH...but does not know where to go to find a calculator?

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/bahCalc.cfm

$ 1353.00 / mo. Since you get paid twice a month, you'll see half of it on each paystub. BAH is a fixed amount that is NOT taxed. BAH pays you on a dependency or no dependency rate (aka, amount of dependents means nothing.) BAH rates only increase when you've reached rank E5 or higher. It starts while you're there for as long a you're on active duty.

You'll also get a Family Separation Allowance...which is $250/month.

Your Basic Pay as an E1, would be $1491/mo (which is taxed unless you're in a combat area.)
    Last edited by SteveLord; February 6th, 2012, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I knew where to find the calculator but did not know if it started while in basic or once I got out. Thank you for the information. What about my basc and ait pay?

Comment

I went back and edited it to include it....must have been right before you posted.

Comment

Yeah I didnt see that, I do now! Thank you. Ill be entering in as an E2 hopefully. Is the family separation taxed or no?

Comment

No. Typically anything with "allowance" in the name is not.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
              No. Typically anything with "allowance" in the name is not.
              Thats a good rule of thumb. Thanks for all the info.

Comment

Will the BAH be monthly after I get out of basic and ait? Like if i go back to my regular job when I get out of basic and AIT do I still get the BAH?

Comment

No. You'd only get BAH while on active orders that allow for BAH.

Comment

Working...
                  X