X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing MOS before BCT or AIT?

I recently swore in and signed my contract (about a week ago) and am thinking of changing my MOS if possible. I have contacted my recruiter just looking for some thoughts while I wait for a response. Is it possible to change from 68W to 42A if the Guard unit I'm attached to has an opening?

Re: Changing MOS before BCT or AIT?

This question is often asked, it is "possible" but not "probable". You can ask your RSP, but be ready for it to NOT happen. There are many things that have to fall in line for this to actually happen and chances are the stars haven't happened to align with jupiter in just the right way so just go be the best dang 68W you can be!

Comment

So Does my family come out for basic and ait? Or just basic then I fly back home after ait?

Comment

usually for non-OSUT MOS's, BCT is the big graduation with the family day. Most of the AIT's are more relaxed, and allow you to use electronics, so you can call and skype your family all you want. There should be a little ceremony at the end of your AIT, which I am sure the families are encouraged to come to, but if you had to pick one, i would have them go to the BCT one

Comment

So does anybody know, am I understanding it right that 13b isint osut. I was just lucky enough to get bct and ait at once place?

Comment

woops I just realized I was posting on the wrong topic..Stupid IPHONE. Sorry to hijack your thread

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina4eva View Post
              So does anybody know, am I understanding it right that 13b isint osut. I was just lucky enough to get bct and ait at once place?
              13B is indeed OSUT.

Comment

Working...
              X