X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-class MOS?

Im set to ship to BCT & AIT next month my question is how long after AIT do i have to wait until i can re-class to a different MOS? only reason im considering re-classing is becuase there is so many things I want to do in the ANG and so many skills and things I can learn. Im not saying I am thinking about changing my MOS right after AIT or anything there isnt really a time-line. I was just curious how long I had to wait. thanks for any help.

Re: Re-class MOS?

First of all, ANG stands for Air Force National Guard. ARNG is for Army National Guard. Anyway, the norm is around two years but depends on many factors. If you are allowed to re-class, if there are vacancies in the MOS that you are seeking and if you are qualified by rank and ASVAB scores.

Soldiers usually do not reclass because they want to just simply experience other MOSes. Its based on promotion opportunites, lack of promotion in their MOS or dissatifaction in their field. Sometimes you will be in a great unit and do not want to leave it because you just want to reclass.

You have alot to learn about the ARNG so I suggest that you focus on passing BCT and AIT and spend times getting groomed as a good soldier and leader.

Comment

Well said and explains why many soldiers carry multiple MOSes. Typically either promotion opportunity, or a mission made it mandatory to do so. Remember, it is still government time and money (and a lot of it) being used to train a soldier into ANY MOS. The Army is very good about instilling MOS pride into oneself.

Comment

It is always going to be more about the needs of the National Guard and not the wants of the soldier. Sometimes the 2 align and you'll get to change it up.

Comment

Working...
        X