X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting in shape for basic

I have made up my mind and i am fully committed to joining the national guard. So the next step for me is to get into shape for basic. i have been working out for about 3 weeks now (running, push ups, sit ups etc) and i know i have a long way to go before i am fully prepared and confident that i can handle the physical demands of basic training. My question is, when do you know you are ready? I just don't want to go at this too soon and wind up getting hurt in basic because i was not prepared enough.

Any advice on this would be great thanks!

Re: Getting in shape for basic

Look at what the APFT Standards are for you. Then give yourself a honest diagnostic APFT. That should give you a relatively clear baseline of where you are and where you need to be. Remember, you dont have to be Maxing this, but it would be in your best interest to be around the minimum passing score when you are ready to ink the bottom line. Work hard, and have patience, hard work always pays off and there isnt a magic pill to go around it. Best of Luck to you and Thank you, for your interest.

Comment

Working...
    X