X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **BCT pay question***

my ship date is 20120221 to ft. sill. my zip is 98374, im single, no dependants and i pay $934/mth for rent and im and E-1. After I get to basic when will i recieve my first check? im only asking becuase I have other bills and im trying to get a budget hammered out. thanks for any help.

Re: **BCT pay question***

you will usually get it within the first month. It may be a little longer.

Comment

At the longest it would be 30 days, but normally not more than 2 weeks. It just depends on the day you start training and how close it is to a pay day (1st or 15th).

Comment

Bare in mind your first check will be smaller than normal. The money issued to use for those first rounds at the PX comes from that first paycheck. Its not "free" money. Also, if you rent and have a lease agreement you may be able to get BAH to assist with bills while you are away. Ask your recruiter or RSP NCOs about it.

Comment

I went to Basic August 2010. Do not expect your first pay check you get to be for hardly anything at all. They take like $340 (I think) automatically out of your first paycheck and they put it on a card you get at reception. You will use this card to buy stuff you will need to get while you are at basic. So you probably will get paid first around the 1st or 2nd of March I guess since 1st and 15th are pay days. It will probally be the 2nd pay check when you will start seeing some money though. As a single E1 with no dependents or rent, I got 560 something i think every two weeks. Since you have rent you will probably get BAH which will be added to your paycheck automatically. You can straighten our your rent deal when you first get to reception at basic training.

Comment

thanks for the help. i would normally ask my recruiter but he is out of town at the moment. so because i rent ill for sure get BAH? and how much would it be? thanks again for the help.

Comment

You will have to provide a lease in order to get BAH. BAH is based on your ZIP code, so just google BAH Calculator.

Comment

So, if you have an apartment in your name and you attend BCT or OSUT you are eligible for BAH? Thats awesome! I used a BAH calculator and it pulled up the closest reserve base and used that for BAH allowance.

Comment

Working...
                X