X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current age limit & related

For 2011 what is the age limit and does it differ by State, (I live in NH but on the MA border.) Also what are the over 40 physicals like. Thanks in advance, 41yr old with 8 years prior.

Re: Current age limit & related

For enlistees, I believe they have to ship BEFORE they turn 42. The over 40 physicals involve a prostate exam and I think a cholesterol check?
    Last edited by SteveLord; December 31st, 2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Also an EKG. I think the cholesterol is just one more tube of blood. No biggie.

Comment

For every year of prior service time, you can be one year older then the age limit so you are in good shape. Also for the physical you'll get the certain extra attention from a doctors finger.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
          Also for the physical you'll get the certain extra attention from a doctors finger.
          You say that so easily, like it's a good thing.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Emu View Post
            You say that so easily, like it's a good thing.....
            Yeah, I can do that since Im young enough to not have to experience that for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
              Yeah, I can do that since Im young enough to not have to experience that for many years.
              LOL...yup but your day will come. Cough cough.....ought to be a law against it!

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC View Post
                LOL...yup but your day will come. Cough cough.....ought to be a law against it!
                I actually could retire without ever getting to experience that fun in the Army

Comment

re: extra attention: it's really not that bad in the civilian world, where you get to select your doctor. I have a Nurse Practicioner, and she has a pretty good bedside manner. No standing with elbows on the table, it's curl up in a fetal position on the table. The key is to select a lady because her fingers are generally smaller than a man's.

She doesn't spend much time down there either. it's pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by 49thadband View Post
                    re: extra attention: it's really not that bad in the civilian world, where you get to select your doctor. I have a Nurse Practicioner, and she has a pretty good bedside manner. No standing with elbows on the table, it's curl up in a fetal position on the table. The key is to select a lady because her fingers are generally smaller than a man's.

She doesn't spend much time down there either. it's pretty quick.
                    Well, shucks.

Comment

Road Trip!

Comment

Working...
                      X