X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be over looking something

Ok so I talked with a guard recruiter just for kicks to see what could be done with my now Honorable Pattern of Misconduct RE4. He told me that my 214 looks good but because of the RE4 I am still a no go. Now how can my entire 214 look good but my RE4 keeps me out when the SPD code gave me that dam RE4 lol. If everything looks good why does the RE4 matter he just told me that everything looks good and can be waived but the RE4 stops it from doing that. I am probably just missing something but it didn't make sense to me. Tell me I am wrong and explain it lol.

I also noticed something. I was hit for pattern of misconduct because of my debts, board states one action which was suspended in over two years 10 months of service no other actions. Then in conclusion states petitioners service was above average to excellent in conduct and performance. How does one get a pattern of misconduct when they just said I was above average to excellent. I know my debts were the cause and could be looked at that way but for the same issue? and then say I had great conduct ratings lol sounds a bit funny to me, but I don't know, what do you guys think.
    Last edited by Vet1985; December 29th, 2010, 07:45 PM.

Re: Might be over looking something

RE = Re-Entry code, also known as a Seperation code.

These codes are contained on military discharge documents and determine whether or not one may reenlist or enlist in a military service at a later time. In general, those who receive an Army RE Code of 1 may reenlist in the Army or another service with no problem. Individuals with an Army RE Code of "2" may usually reenlist in the Army or another service with various restrictions, or if the circumstances which resulted in the code no longer apply. Individuals with an RE Code of "3" can normally reenlist in the Army or another Service, but will probably require a waiver to be processed. Individuals with an Army RE Code of "4" are normally not eligible to reenlist in the Army, nor join another service.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet1985 View Post
      Ok so I talked with a guard recruiter just for kicks to see what could be done with my now Honorable Pattern of Misconduct RE4. He told me that my 214 looks good but because of the RE4 I am still a no go. Now how can my entire 214 look good but my RE4 keeps me out when the SPD code gave me that dam RE4 lol. If everything looks good why does the RE4 matter he just told me that everything looks good and can be waived but the RE4 stops it from doing that. I am probably just missing something but it didn't make sense to me. Tell me I am wrong and explain it lol.

I also noticed something. I was hit for pattern of misconduct because of my debts, board states one action which was suspended in over two years 10 months of service no other actions. Then in conclusion states petitioners service was above average to excellent in conduct and performance. How does one get a pattern of misconduct when they just said I was above average to excellent. I know my debts were the cause and could be looked at that way but for the same issue? and then say I had great conduct ratings lol sounds a bit funny to me, but I don't know, what do you guys think.
      There have been NG recruiters on this site (RSP NCO) that stated that the Guard is not accepting waivers for RE4. Your characterization can be Honorable but based on circumstances you experienced in the military; that will determine your RE (re-enlistment) code. You can take a picture with President Obama but if you re-code is not valid; then its not valid.

You read the same type of posts from others who have experienced what you had.

Stay positive.

Comment

Check you PM's.

Comment

Pattern of Misconduct says you are a habitual offender...not just a one-time screwup

Comment

Working...
          X