X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Discharge

I received a General Discharge (under honorable conditions) in 2009. The RE Code on my DD-214 is 2b and the separation code is JKM - Misconduct (Other). Since being discharged I have been working on my education, currently 40 credits from my Bachelor degree. At this time am I able to join the guard with a waiver? If so, what are the chances of getting it approved? Also, is OCS out of the question? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: General Discharge

What service were you in the Airforce?

Comment

PM Sent! I have almost the same paperwork from the USAF and the good ol' RE-2B, except my separation code is JKN - Misconduct (minor disciplinary infractions).

Comment

Why is it always the Air Force guys getting in trouble?

Comment

Why is it that everyone from the navy gets a RE-4?

Comment

Originally posted by jrsdaddy View Post
            so true lmao!... Why is it that everyone from the Navy RESERVE gets a RE-4

Comment

Its because you dont get smoked or any form of physical **********. Late to formation (if they have one), you will get formal paperwork. Get two of those and you're looking at a potential article 15, and they do NJP's almost entirely at the O-5 level.

I was once told to drop in the AF, and he backed down because everyone told him he was being too harsh by wanting me to do push ups. Not kidding.

Nothing earns you remedial training. Its all documented in your file. That, and they're trying so hard to reduce numbers they'll discharge someone in a heartbeat. You'll get the good ol' 2B, and go guard.

Comment

Marines are getting them around here left and right, I am helping my Army recruiter with a former marine who served honorably and no issues time served and got an RE4. Back in 06 when i got out of the Navy, they were down sizing and even people with an honorable time served got an RE4 the Navy didn't want them back in.

Comment

Originally posted by jrsdaddy View Post
                  What kind of "everyone" are you referring to? I got my RE-1/MBK buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
                    Its because you dont get smoked or any form of physical **********. Late to formation (if they have one), you will get formal paperwork. Get two of those and you're looking at a potential article 15, and they do NJP's almost entirely at the O-5 level.

I was once told to drop in the AF, and he backed down because everyone told him he was being too harsh by wanting me to do push ups. Not kidding.

Nothing earns you remedial training. Its all documented in your file. That, and they're trying so hard to reduce numbers they'll discharge someone in a heartbeat. You'll get the good ol' 2B, and go guard.
                    This is so true i mean im an air force guy with a two bravo and working on getting an admin waiver done right now so that i can get in. But yeah in the air force a wrinkle in your uniform is a big no no. the air force is in all respectful terms not a fight branch except for select portions. my unit rarely did pt we bs'ed most of the time. to be quite frank its a political rallymart. pt scores dont determine if you get promoted its more of if your a good test taker. besides that i love the air force but the army is where my heart lies.

Comment

As soon as I got my 2B I started working for the Army as a civilian and knew it was the branch I should have joined. I fit in quite well, I even did PT with the unit after awhile. The air force was great and all, but I would much rather have a supervisor who will raise his voice and correct someone on their first mistake and it not happen again, rather than start collecting paperwork in my files.

Comment

Working...
                      X