X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS looking to get back in as warrant

I just turned 46. Im PS 4 active 4 reserve. Got out in 91. Got a BS in physics/Chem. and looking to see if I can qualify for warrant school coming back in. I understand that I am probably too old for warrant school without a waiver but what about re-enlisting? Anyone have any thoughts or advice?

Re: PS looking to get back in as warrant

Talk to the OSM (Officer Strength Manager) at the MilDep.

Comment

I'm looking into this at 35 years of age being Prior Service Air Force. Since the Warrior Transition Course (WTC) is no longer available, I think you would have to go back through Basic Combat Training for starters. Now I could be wrong since you are prior Army, but one way or the other you have to pass the PT test for your age. 2 miles in 18 min and 42 sec, 32 sit ups in 2 minutes, and 30 push-ups in 2 minutes for 42 to 46. Then after that you have to be ready for Warrant Officers Commisioning school, which from what I have read and heard, requires even a higher level of physical training. You may need a waiver to get in as a Warrant officer since I think you have to be commisioned before your 46th birthday. You also have to figure out what Warrant Officer MOS your degree and prior experience fits best and see if any openings for that exist in your state.

It is a long process and the next board meets I think January 12th. I'm currently moving in this direction and am hopefull. Unfortunately once you enter waiver land you need to have personal contact with a recruiter to get through the waiver. Also you need to have contact with a recruiter to see if any Warrant Officer positions are even available.

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by zett View Post
        I just turned 46. Im PS 4 active 4 reserve. Got out in 91. Got a BS in physics/Chem. and looking to see if I can qualify for warrant school coming back in. I understand that I am probably too old for warrant school without a waiver but what about re-enlisting? Anyone have any thoughts or advice?
        There are too many factors to hash out over this forum, and while we're going back and forth, you continue to get older. You really need to speak with your State's OSM immediately, if you're serious about appointment as a WO.

As a backup plan, consider enlisting. You meet age limits for re-enlistment.
        Last edited by matthew.ritchie; November 28th, 2010, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'm on it, but first: Anyone know how I can get in touch with the Oklahoma OSM?

Comment

Oklahoma National Guard Operator
            (405) 228-5000

Comment

Working...
            X