X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking to serve again

Yes, Army Wide. No more WTC. No more Blue to Green Program.

If you're coming from another service (ie: Airforce, Navy) you must go through Basic Training even if you've already been though that branch's Basic.

You can no longer come from the Airfoce as an E-4 to Army 2LT by just going through WTC at Fort Sill and then Army OCS.

Comment

Originally posted by rkazer View Post

If you're coming from another service (ie: Airforce, Navy) you must go through Basic Training even if you've already been though that branch's Basic.

You can no longer come from the Airfoce as an E-4 to Army 2LT by just going through WTC at Fort Sill and then Army OCS.
      Sir,

Thanks for the reply. I understand about AF to ARMY for OCS but what about AF E-5 to Army WO1. Everything I have been reading on the Army's WO recruiting page nothing suggests WTC (now expired) or having prior service USAF attending army BCT. Its listed as a intra service transfer and only states that USAF E-7 are eligible but E-5 and E-6 may apply with waiver. If that is the case I will go enlist into my old unit and start the process that way. Also, would I be able to apply to the WO aviation as a civilian and then change my MOS to something else I am qualified for? Im not trying to circumvent the system here but I am trying to avoid a step if it is not required. Here is a link to the site I am refering to: http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warran...enlmos_af.html

Comment

Originally posted by rkazer View Post

Sir, it says if you had a 3 year break in service or more.

So if someone from the Navy were to ETS and sign up with the Army the next day, they will have a BCT date?

Comment

Originally posted by flanker6 View Post
          Sir,

Thanks for the reply. I understand about AF to ARMY for OCS but what about AF E-5 to Army WO1. Everything I have been reading on the Army's WO recruiting page nothing suggests WTC (now expired) or having prior service USAF attending army BCT. Its listed as a intra service transfer and only states that USAF E-7 are eligible but E-5 and E-6 may apply with waiver. If that is the case I will go enlist into my old unit and start the process that way. Also, would I be able to apply to the WO aviation as a civilian and then change my MOS to something else I am qualified for? Im not trying to circumvent the system here but I am trying to avoid a step if it is not required. Here is a link to the site I am refering to: http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warran...enlmos_af.html
          Trying something similar. E-4 to 120A Warrant officer. I have to get some wavers and documentation that my civilian experience is related, but my recruiter believes it is possible. Granted I have an Associates degree, my Air Force MOS is a feeder MOS for the type of Warrant Officer I am shooting for, and my 13 years of civillian experience working in power generation utilities over laps with both the 120A and 919A warrant officer MOS's. At age 35 I'm probably in better physical condition than a lot of High school grads. (running 2 miles every other day in about 16 minutes, around 57 push-ups in 2 minutes, and I can do the 44 sit ups in 2 minutes that is required post BCT graduation)

I say you should just go for it. You know what you want. The Army is currently looking for the best. If I get shot down then I know others that were more qualified than me got the slot and are helping to make our military stronger. If I get it then I am in a place to personally make our military better.

Be ready though for 10 Weeks BCT, 8 weeks WOCS, Then you have BLOC I and II resident training which the length of is not realily available for WOCS MOS's, but they could be just as long as an Officers school. You could easily be gone for a year in training alone with the above 4 courses.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
            Sir, it says if you had a 3 year break in service or more.

So if someone from the Navy were to ETS and sign up with the Army the next day, they will have a BCT date?
            I can't confidently comment on that. Read it in the current issue of the Army Times. There's an article about it. That's where I got my information from.

Comment

Ok so I spoke with a Warrant officer Ascension NCO from the the warrant officer site that I noted in this form about 45 minutes ago. It is in fact correct that if I re joined the Air National Guard, I can do a intra service transfer and become a Signal WO with out attending BCT. I put together my packet for WO, and begin the paperwork to be released from the Air Guard. He says he does it all the time so the website is in fact correct when it is pertaining to members of the military, regardless of branch, joining the Army reserve/NG as a warrant officer. I hope this clears up some confusion to anyone in the same situation as I am. If you are in the IRR, the process is even easier from what I am told.

Comment

Working...
              X