Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIPID Waiver Approval Time

Hello FOlks
    16yrs PS Calif Army Guard E-6, Got out in 2000 due to repeated work conflicts...Not one Personel action is my 16yrs. My NGB 22 shows an RE3, Recruiter told me that is no big deal, after showing him all the paper work he can't for the Life of him figure out why it was RE-3. That waiver no big Deal he states.
    I went to MEPS in April and did the Over 40, Failed due to LIPID's, Submitted all Paper work for Med Waiver per the Recruiters requests...Months go by, recruiter resigns and I get new Guy, He states Waivers never submitted, Now he submits around August....Still waiting. I call him monthly, He says no news is good news.
    Getting nervous here...In April of 2011 it will be a Year since MEPS....Not wanting to go back. I have asked if there is a way to check status, he says not really, I kinda confirmed this with another SM at State who used to work in Virginia.
    I gotta assume that at some point something needs to give....Looking for guidance.

Waiver paper work was Letter from my Doctor,Letter from myself, plus anything else the recruiter said he would need for a LIPID waiver. My previous Recruiter said he had never had an over 40 Physical that did not need a LIPID waiver and knew the ropes.

Re: LIPID Waiver Approval Time

Are you talking cholesterol levels? If so what where your levels? Are there hard and fast ranges they have to fall in?

Comment

Originally posted by grungepuppy View Post
      Are you talking cholesterol levels? If so what where your levels? Are there hard and fast ranges they have to fall in?
      Yes, There are Levels. LIPID's are HDL,LDL, triglycerides and Total Overall Cholesterol Level. The LIPD Panal is only required for Over 40's.

Mine are Elevevated. I have the Lab results from MEPS and They must be wrong.
      I have my Lab Results for the last 5 years and one Lab result from just 3 months ago, My Results are Half what the MEPS Lab results are.
      I brought this to the Attention of my recruiter and he says not much he can do about it now.

Comment

Originally posted by ExCrewchief View Post
        Yes, There are Levels. LIPID's are HDL,LDL, triglycerides and Total Overall Cholesterol Level. The LIPD Panal is only required for Over 40's.

Mine are Elevevated. I have the Lab results from MEPS and They must be wrong.
        I have my Lab Results for the last 5 years and one Lab result from just 3 months ago, My Results are Half what the MEPS Lab results are.
        I brought this to the Attention of my recruiter and he says not much he can do about it now.
        ExCrewchief, I am curious if you are within your height and weight with not being taped to have those high levels.

Comment

Not sure what you are asking? I passed my MEPS in all aspects except for LIPID Panal.
          My Cholesterol was to High.

Comment

Working...
          X