X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update to my Upgrade

ok, I fonally got a hold of my examiner on my upgrade case. They did in fact deny my request for upgrade for the pattern of misconduct but did grant me full Honorable. So my new dd214 will show Honorable, with Pattern Of Misconduct RE4. Half the battle was won, but that is were it stays as he stated they won't upgrade the misconduct. So I was thinking about just waiting for the guard to open if ever on RE4 as that is the only thing holding me back. However I was curious to know if going the Law Enforcement route would work beings I am now showing Fully Honorable? Do you think I would have issues getting hired with my new paperwork even though it still shows misconduct. The board papers show I have above average to excellent marks in performance and conduct which warranted my upgrade to honorable it was just some bad decisions on my finances of which they blamed on my age and inexperience with handling them. Is Law Enforcement a reach for me until this military thing pans out or do you think I have a shot.

Last edited by Vet1985; November 7th, 2010, 06:04 PM.

Re: Update to my Upgrade

Congrats shipmate! Now stay the course and keep the faith. Continue to do all the things we talked about before and keep on keeping on. Good luck and stay motivated.

Comment

You should ask the agency or department you want to work for if it will still be a problem. I mean you have more in your corner now that its honorable. I'm just wondering though how can you have an Honorable discharge for misconduct? I think thats the question that they will probably ask you when you apply. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
        You should ask the agency or department you want to work for if it will still be a problem. I mean you have more in your corner now that its honorable. I'm just wondering though how can you have an Honorable discharge for misconduct? I think thats the question that they will probably ask you when you apply. Good Luck
        I have a honorable from the marines with my fraud enlistment so weird stuff like that does happen

Comment

The board said with the type of sep they gave me and beings my conduct was very minor, regarding finances, It is still possible to have an Honorable with misconduct. I am like you in thinking it doesn't make much since to serve honorably and have a POM but its the government nothing makes sense with them anymore lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet1985 View Post
            its the government nothing makes sense with them anymore lol.
            Haha oh I can believe that! lol

Comment

Have you spoken with a recruiter post change? An RE4 in the Navy may be a RE3 in the Army.

Comment

Yes Sir, he told me that basically I am screwed. I have been working with him for a long time now over a year and basically I have done all of the work. But beings it still shows pattern of misconduct RE4 he said that is what is getting me. I fought a long battle but still not much has changed lol I am happy with my upgrade dont get me wrong just missed the boat by a few feet lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet1985 View Post
                  Yes Sir, he told me that basically I am screwed. I have been working with him for a long time now over a year and basically I have done all of the work. But beings it still shows pattern of misconduct RE4 he said that is what is getting me. I fought a long battle but still not much has changed lol I am happy with my upgrade dont get me wrong just missed the boat by a few feet lol.
                  Its simple what you have to do then just keep fighting and improving yourself.

Comment

Have you filed for the corrections board? They my give you relief, since the two HON and mis. con. really don't go together.

Comment

actually sir I did request it with my DD149 when I requested my upgrade for honorable. My examiner stated they denied that portion as I still had a financial pattern. I asked if submitting a new form trying to upgrade that would be worth it he said they would deny it almost instantly as they have previous done so. NAVPERS told me that you can still have an Honorable discharge with patterns of misconduct which doesn't sound right but thats what they told me. No recruiter will take me as I am an RE4 still. Now my old recruiter says I fall under an RE3 however tops denied my waiver 6 months ago because of the misconduct. It is a battle I can't win even when I do everything I am told to do. I have been told do this and your in, do that do this. I was MEPS cleared back in 08 and was told I would be in the next week. That was almost two and a half years ago lol. I am getting tired of trying. I know I shouldn't give up but when is enough enough you know. Four years of fighting while working long 70 hour seasonal weeks for **** pay while taking care of my wife and kids is taking a tole on me and giving me grey hair at 25 lol. I hit a brick wall everytime and the run around I get is starting to irritate me. I have been patient for a very long time and my patience is starting to ware off, which it shouldn't. But after being told to do this and that and that for no results and pretty much being put off every time I call my recruiter because he has more important things to do is getting to me.

Now that I am an Honorable Vet I might just do college and try police or something even though I want the Military, they obviously do not want me so what can ya do. I soon will be to old or to tired of trying and won't want it anymore. And I am afraid I am almost to that point.
                      Last edited by Vet1985; November 10th, 2010, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Congrats to you!

Comment

thanks still can't get in but Its nice to be Honorable.

Comment

Things may change in the future. Don't give up.

Comment

spoke with the recruiting command at fort knox, and was told I am done until conduct waivers are being taken again. So I am done with trying to get in for a while as nothing has changed in the almost 2 years I have been trying to get in. Going to go to police academy in the spring hopefully that will work out with my new Honorable.

I received my GI Bill Eligibility papers and I was given 90% of my Gi Bill so I am at least happy with that. Ill take 90% over 0% lol.
                              Last edited by Vet1985; November 21st, 2010, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X