X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New VA Guard Member

I enlisted in the VA National Guard on 9/17/10. Haven't been able to reach my recruiter for a couple weeks to get an update on my processing status. Guessing maybe he's out for training or maybe on leave. Anyway, I was wondering what the typical processing time is when entering the guard? I had no mdeical issues or waivers for consideration and have already swore in. Anybody from VA Guard have any insight?

Re: New VA Guard Member

Weeks? That's odd. Perhaps another recruiter works at his station who could either look you up, or put you in touch with the recruiting supervisor. Do you have contact information for your unit?

If all else fails, and you have exhausted other options, PM me.

Comment

Where do you live in VA and whats your name? I will put you in touch with your RSP, unless you are prior service.

Comment

Looks like you are being taken care of but I just wanted to mention what might have happend. I was in that limbo once. The Recruiter thinks (s)he has handed you off to RSP and RSP thinks the Recruiter is taking care of things. They see alot of people and deal with alot of issues daily, to be reminded of you they need paperwork. So if some is still with one and some with the other.... or something simular this happens.

Posting in Prior Service might just be because you have enlisted, but if you are prior service then it could be the same case but with your assigned unit and not RSP.

As for not returning contact, i'd just hope for the best scenario unless given a reason in the past to think they drop the ball.

Comment

I'm prior active ARMY. I called the armory yesterday where I enlisted and was able to get a contact number for another recruiter there. Haven't been able to reach him yet. The NCO I spoke with mentioned that my recruiter has been out on emergency leave for a couple weeks. Np, completely understand that. I ended up contacting my gaining unit and was able to speak with that recruiter who informed me that for reasons unknown to him prior service processing has been taking 3+ months to complete. Seems like a long time but if that's what it takes... He did have the training NCO check to see if I've been gained to the unit, i was not. My only concern is not knowing how much longer my recruiter may be out and whether or not something in my packet was missing or needs addressed thus causing my processing to be delayed because my recruiter is unavailable.

Comment

It has been slow going getting new accessions loaded in the system. There was a back log waiting to be loaded on OCT 1, so since you enlisted in SEP, there were many more that probably needed to be loaded before you. I had some soldiers that had enlisted in August and were not loaded until October. Also, with being prior service this also put some others ahead of you as any NPS soldiers that were shipping out to training this month would be pushed to the front of the line to be loaded. When they are only allowed to load so many a day, it kind of has you stuck just waiting.

Comment

Ahhh...makes sense. Thanks for the insight. Guess I'll juts stand fast until I hear something.

Comment

Working...
              X