Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prior service going to BCT now?

Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
    MEMORANDUM FOR the Recruiting & Retention Force of all States, Puerto Rico, The Virgin Islands,
    Guam and the District of Columbia.
    SUBJECT: Elimination of the Warrior Transition Course (WTC)
    1. References:
    a. AR 3501,
    Army Training and Leader Development, 18 DEC 2009.
    b. AR 601210,
    Active and Reserve Components Enlistment Program, 7 JUN 2007.
    c. ARNG FY07,
    Enlistment Criteria, 1 OCT 07.
    d. HQDA ALARACT 346/2010WARRIOR
    TRANSITION COURSE (WTC), DTG: 161908Z Nov 10.
    2. Purpose: Disseminate guidance concerning the disposition of the Warrior Transition Course (WTC)
    and the way ahead for Prior Service (PR) United States Air Force (USAF), United States Navy (USN),
    and United States Coast Guard (USCG) Personnel.
    3. Effective 01 Jan 11, the Army will suspend use of the WTC as a means to train prior service (PS)
    personnel. In the absence of WTC, all PS Air Force, Navy or Coast Guard personnel, including their
    reserve components, who have not completed Army or Marine Corps basic training, will attend Army
    Basic Combat Training (BCT). The only exceptions are those PS USAF and USN Special Operations
    (SPECOPS) personnel.
    4. PS personnel required to attend BCT as identified in paragraph 3 above are required to be
    projected for full MEPS processing with a Chapter two, AR 40501,
    physical and be scheduled for BCT
    at time of enlistment in REQUEST. Follow on MOS producing training (OSUT or AIT) will not be
    scheduled in REQUEST but in ATRRS for a TASS RTI when the Soldier returns to their assigned unit.
    5. All PS Army, Marine Corps, and USAF and USN Special Operations, and USAF Security
    Police enlisting into the ARNG are not required to attend BCT and will report directly to the assigned
    unit. All PS Air Force, Navy or Coast Guard personnel, including their reserve components, who have
    previously completed Army or Marine Corps basic training, will report to the assigned unit.
    6. For all PS personnel accessing into the Active Army with a break in service of more than 3 years
    past their MSO, regardless of prior service affiliation, will attend BCT. (# 6 does not apply to the ARNG
    or USAR).
    7. All previously enlisted PS Soldiers who have not attended WTC are required to attend BCT. States
    must take appropriate action to ensure BCT is scheduled for all PS Soldiers who were accessed
    without a WTC training reservation. There are no exceptions authorized.
    8. HQDA is staffing an Army directive that will include the approved policy changes for training prior
    service personnel. HQDA G37/
    TR and HQDA G1/
    MP will incorporate these changes in the next
    revisions of AR 3501
    and AR 601210,
    respectively.
    So if I'm reading this correctly (specifically #4), then MEPS should assign the BCT date. I swore in on Oct 1 of this year but was not issued a BCT date. I have already been to one battle assembly with a second coming up in less than 2 weeks. So will my unit take care of this or will they end up sending me back to MEPS?
    Last edited by tfritz28; November 23rd, 2010, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Yes the full text helps. As anticipated, it's primarily for all other than army/marine personnel.

Comment

Just to follow up, I'm now scheduled for BCT. It's something that MEPS should have scheduled to begin with as (at least for now) my UA said he couldn't even attempt to make a reservation for this in ATRRS (no available option to click for scheduling). So through my recruiter, MEPS has now scheduled this for me. AIT still has to be scheduled, but that is through my UA. Ft. Jackson here I come...well, at the end of Feb anyway

Thank again to all of you that helped/replied.

Comment

How are they going to handle prior service NCOs going through BCT? I had a couple of SSGs and several SGTs when I went through WTC last year. There were even some guys who were MOSQ'd and had even been drilling with their units for several months.

Comment

I'm confused. Prior service army with long break in service, now going into Guard. I don't go to BCT because I already completed it? What training would I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Old guy View Post
              I'm confused. Prior service army with long break in service, now going into Guard. I don't go to BCT because I already completed it? What training would I get.
              Looks like on the job kind.

Comment

Originally posted by lindy View Post
                How are they going to handle prior service NCOs going through BCT? I had a couple of SSGs and several SGTs when I went through WTC last year. There were even some guys who were MOSQ'd and had even been drilling with their units for several months.
                They now will get to enjoy the RSP and then Basic after that just like the PVT's do.

Comment

Working...
                X