X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prior Service Marine

Got a letter yesterday basically stating that the do not issue dd214 because I did not serve active duty. Gonna scan and email the letter to recruiter and ask if he can run it up the chain and see if it will be acceptable. any recruiters on the forum have any knowledge about said subject matter? ....standing by

Comment

Has your recruiter requested your records from NARA? You can make a request yourself, but your recruiter may get the results faster through formal channels.

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/index.html

Comment

holy snail mail batman..... finally got a DD214 form. It is only for the time while I was active duty at boot camp and mos school. made an appt. with recruiter for tomorrow. hopefully it will be what I need to get the ball rolling.

sorry to drag this thread from the grave, but I will update with any info. for someone in the future.

Comment

Welp, I go to MEPS next week for physical. If goes well I will be going back later to swear in. Looking at open slots now in nearby units.
          Some to consider
          12k,r, w
          74d
          25U
          Maybe a 13f slot will open or an 11 series. Any input?
          Last edited by akins; July 16th, 2011, 12:44 AM. Reason: Spell

Comment

Originally posted by akins View Post
            Welp, I go to MEPS next week for physical. If goes well I will be going back later to swear in. Looking at open slots now in nearby units.
            Some to consider
            12k,r, w
            74d
            25U
            Alabama is currently reorganizing their Engineer BN's. I would double check their future locations before going that route. As far as the rest your recruiter will have the best info.

Comment

Some to consider
              12k,r, w
              74d
              25U
              I would seriously consider 56M. I'm sure some chaplain would be at peace knowing a former Marine is watching their back.
              Last edited by Chaplain4me; July 16th, 2011, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Well, took asvab today. Physical tomorrow.

Comment

Good luck with your over 40 physical!

Comment

Stay strong..........

Comment

Made it back home today. Extra day at meps because someone didn't tell me to fast 12 hours before they draw blood. Waiting on the results from blood work from private lab. 3-4 days. Pending something wrong I'll be good to go.
                      Scored a 81 on test with a 121gt. Passed physical, Pdg results.
                      Standby

Comment

I passed everything. All my medical, asvab, etc. etc. is all done. All that is left to do now is pick a job slot, swear in and get with it.
                        Woo hoooo...

Comment

13F with an infantry unit or 12T eng. unit? I know there are no civilian jobs looking for FO's, how does the 12T translate into the civilian sector of employment?

Comment

Ok, update for thread for anyone following. I swore in today, 12t mos.
                            No basic since I'm prior service Marine. Looks like I'll go to first drill in September.
                            As we say in the world of arty. end of mission, next mission.

Comment

Man, that was a long and arduous journey. Glad you found a home, though.

Comment

13F with an infantry unit or 12T eng. unit? I know there are no civilian jobs looking for FO's, how does the 12T translate into the civilian sector of employment?
                                12T is a great MOS, you'll learn to survey, use autocad (electronic drafting), test soils, and numerous other skills that escape me right now. Either way 12T's are very important to me as an Engineering officer in a construction unit.

Comment

Working...
                                X