Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I hit the wall

So im going to try and go into detail as much as i can:

1st of i enlisted into the air force and left to basic training jan of 2009 was in training for about 3 weeks when my wife was haveing issuse's at home she couldnt handle , my car got stolen , couldnt acess our bank account so she was haveing troulble with the finance's and was haveing trouble trying to work a full time job and take care of out kids.

when i brought this to the attention of the drill sgt , he basicly said tuff $ht deal with it trainee , i took it upon my self to get sent to behavioral health by makeing up a story about having thoughts of suicide when i was younger. when i sat down with the people at behavioral health i explained what was going on at home and that the suicide thing never happend , i was then told that i would get separated for family issues and would get the chance to return after a 6 month waiting period.

while i was in separation my paper work got skrewed up and i got an entry level separation under the suicide attempt lie and was given a dd 214 that stated JDA-fruadulent entry Re code 2c- Involuntary separation under honorable conditions. i had no way to fight this becuase i wasnt given any info on this until the day they sent me back home i arrived back home march of 2009 and have been trying to get in ever since.

i went to an active duty recruiter and he had me go get a phyc evaluation. I went and cleared it so that was good but i guess meps was taking too long and kept asking for more paperwork and i guess he didnt feel like wasteing any more time. I then went to a guard recruiter and he told me i had to retake the asvab. I got a 57 so that was good, but when I call I get the robot answer, "I'll check on it and will see or your papper work is still being processed.", when i go to see him then i get, "I havent heard anything....what was your name again???"

Sorry to lay the story on yall, I just want to know if im wasteing my time with this. I know a lot of people have been trying to get in a lot longer than me with no success but still almost 2 years is alot of time lost on my part so some advice would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Mr_Loki; September 12th, 2010, 07:33 AM.

Re: Have I hit the wall

I split your post into a few paragraphs. Those and periods will ensure people actually spend the time reading your story.

Edited: Also edited his last 2 paragraphs. /brain fried.
    Last edited by Mr_Loki; September 12th, 2010, 07:34 AM.

Comment

wait...............wait.........wait.............. ..until the time comes. I waited 8 years.

Comment

You indicate you want to come back in, but have all the problems at home abated to the point where you could be away for weeks at a time? For a year-long deployment?

If the answer is no, maybe it's not the right time for you to get in the military.

Comment

let me get more detailed when i left for basic it was about 3 months earlier than my actual leave date. i pretty much left on the spot when the recruiter called me my wife had no access to our bank account and could not feed our kids get my drift i wasnt allowed to write , i wasnt allowed to call. i understand about deployments i come from a military family of about 4 generations , as for the guy who waited 8 years bro i said that there were peolpe who have been at this longer than myself i feel for ya i really do i just dont think i can wait that long if this isnt going anywhere understand.

Comment

Wow you guys let him off alot easier then me! BRO, LOL

Comment

His circumstances are different. He had issues at home that were beyond his control. Thats all I will say about that without being a real jerk about it.

at original poster - do realize with recruit and retention at an all time high, the services are being picky about who they let in. This may take some time so keep at it.

Comment

just saying, he called the officer bro lol and get my drift and understand? haha. Bottom line is he quit just as i did.
                Everyone has an excuses, no one wants to be a quiter includeing me. I wish him the best of luck!

Comment

He hasnt logged on since the 27th of September, you might want to let this one die. I enjoyed the fact that the last sentence he wrote is "i just dont think i can wait that long if this isnt going anywhere." But his tag line is "Keep moving forward you'll get there eventually"

Comment

wow you guys who arnt even on topic are very sad that all you do is complain about other s only reason i havent logged on in a while was the right recruiter called me and i got to sign my contract just yesterday, 11b , so thank you guys who empathized with me

Comment

please stop posting. I feel dumber after reading your posts. Thank you Mascorp23

Comment

Working...
                      X