Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
RE-3, Under Honorable Conditions wants to join the PA ARNG Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RE-3, Under Honorable Conditions wants to join the PA ARNG

    I want to join the PA ARNG as an 11b. I have an under honorable conditions, RE-3, misconduct(serious offense). I am a new jersey resident who wants to become a philly police officer. I have a college degree. I want to join 1st Battalion, 111th Infantry located in Montgomeryville since it is within driving distance of where i live. I live in logan township nj about 20 minutes from philly. Are there any recruiters in PA that can help me out? I plan on moving to PA.

  • #2
    Re: RE-3, Under Honorable Conditions wants to join the PA ARNG

    Well, I already replied to your last message telling you how to get my help. I'll find a recruiter that will work with you, if it can be done, and I live in PA, although I'm in the jersey guard.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: RE-3, Under Honorable Conditions wants to join the PA ARNG

      Can I get help too? Was in Navy for 6 yrs. 1989-1995 Got General under honorable conditions and RE-4. I live in Texas. And also got College Degree.

      xmp

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: RE-3, Under Honorable Conditions wants to join the PA ARNG

        RE-4 is a no go. Sorry.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: RE-3, Under Honorable Conditions wants to join the PA ARNG

          your lucky you got an RE3 with a serious offense, I was given an RE4 for a stupid pattern of misconduct for finances.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: RE-3, Under Honorable Conditions wants to join the PA ARNG

            Originally posted by Olympus
            I want to join the PA ARNG as an 11b. I have an under honorable conditions, RE-3, misconduct(serious offense). I am a new jersey resident who wants to become a philly police officer. I have a college degree. I want to join 1st Battalion, 111th Infantry located in Montgomeryville since it is within driving distance of where i live. I live in logan township nj about 20 minutes from philly. Are there any recruiters in PA that can help me out? I plan on moving to PA.
            Wow, that is very similar to my situation.



            Originally posted by show_stopper999
            Well, I already replied to your last message telling you how to get my help. I'll find a recruiter that will work with you, if it can be done, and I live in PA, although I'm in the jersey guard.
            I have an RE-3, General Under Honorable, Sep. Code JKQ

            I am currently attending college for criminal justice, I live in Burlington County NJ

            I took the Philadelphia Police exam in June

            Would like to join PA, or NJ National Guard


            Do you think you could help me out as well?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: RE-3, Under Honorable Conditions wants to join the PA ARNG

              I'm always glad to help! PM in bound!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: RE-3, Under Honorable Conditions wants to join the PA ARNG

                Originally posted by xmp
                Can I get help too? Was in Navy for 6 yrs. 1989-1995 Got General under honorable conditions and RE-4. I live in Texas. And also got College Degree.

                xmp
                I'm in almost the exact boat as you are, RE-4...General under Honorable...College Degree...except I only have 5 years '89-'94. I recently applied with the BCNR to get an upgrade on my RE code and received a letter from Mr. Pfeiffer (Executive Director of BCNR) that he wasn't even submitting my materials to the board for consideration as they weren't "material to the case". How can several letters of recommendation, college transcripts and police record showing no arrests or warrants not be material to my case? In any case, I hope you have better luck than I have. But I'm not giving up...

                Anyone know who I would write to next? Maybe the Secretary of the Navy??

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: RE-3, Under Honorable Conditions wants to join the PA ARNG

                  Originally posted by tfritz28
                  I'm in almost the exact boat as you are, RE-4...General under Honorable...College Degree...except I only have 5 years '89-'94. I recently applied with the BCNR to get an upgrade on my RE code and received a letter from Mr. Pfeiffer (Executive Director of BCNR) that he wasn't even submitting my materials to the board for consideration as they weren't "material to the case". How can several letters of recommendation, college transcripts and police record showing no arrests or warrants not be material to my case? In any case, I hope you have better luck than I have. But I'm not giving up...

                  Anyone know who I would write to next? Maybe the Secretary of the Navy??
                  Forget it I wrote to the secretary of the Army over a year ago. I promise you that you will hear no response back.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: RE-3, Under Honorable Conditions wants to join the PA ARNG

                    Originally posted by Olympus
                    I want to join the PA ARNG as an 11b. I have an under honorable conditions, RE-3, misconduct(serious offense). I am a new jersey resident who wants to become a philly police officer. I have a college degree. I want to join 1st Battalion, 111th Infantry located in Montgomeryville since it is within driving distance of where i live. I live in logan township nj about 20 minutes from philly. Are there any recruiters in PA that can help me out? I plan on moving to PA.
                    Have you spoken to anyone about realistic life goals? You were kicked out of the military for a serious offense. Police Departments will do a background check and this will be a MAJOR issue for them. Departments will not be lining up to hire you. Criminal Justice is not a good major for someone with that in their background. There isn't much you can do with the degree besides LE and Government work, but your "serious offense" will almost be a show stopper across the board.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: RE-3, Under Honorable Conditions wants to join the PA ARNG

                      Originally posted by tfritz28
                      I'm in almost the exact boat as you are, RE-4...General under Honorable...College Degree...except I only have 5 years '89-'94. I recently applied with the BCNR to get an upgrade on my RE code and received a letter from Mr. Pfeiffer (Executive Director of BCNR) that he wasn't even submitting my materials to the board for consideration as they weren't "material to the case". How can several letters of recommendation, college transcripts and police record showing no arrests or warrants not be material to my case? In any case, I hope you have better luck than I have. But I'm not giving up...

                      Anyone know who I would write to next? Maybe the Secretary of the Navy??
                      They are not material to the case because they are only looking for information directly related to the discharge. In other words, the same seperation packet they evaluated before, is the same one they evaluate again. They essentailly re evaluate the commanders decision on charachterization of service. It is very rare that they are actually upgraded.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: RE-3, Under Honorable Conditions wants to join the PA ARNG

                        Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1
                        They are not material to the case because they are only looking for information directly related to the discharge. In other words, the same seperation packet they evaluated before, is the same one they evaluate again. They essentailly re evaluate the commanders decision on charachterization of service. It is very rare that they are actually upgraded.
                        I've been told by everyone that the boards base their decisions on a matter of equitibility. In other words, they look to see if the situation is still the same as it was at the time of discharge or if I've done something to correct the circumstances. In my particular situation, I was charged with dereliction of duty (I fell asleep when I was supposed to be cleaning an oil purifier). So basically I was unreliable. The material I provided was to show that I've matured and am completely reliable now. Another portion of my scenario is that I requested the administrative separation as noted in my official records. So it wasn't the Captain asking for me to be discharged, it was me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: RE-3, Under Honorable Conditions wants to join the PA ARNG

                          Original quoted post removed so I removed mine! :-)
                          Last edited by SGTHess; September 7th, 2010, 03:52 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: RE-3, Under Honorable Conditions wants to join the PA ARNG

                            Originally posted by SGTHess
                            His was an RE 4 General under honorable conditions. Never said it was Misconduct (serious offense) that was the OP, which this poster is not.

                            Just sayin...
                            Good catch. Post removed.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: RE-3, Under Honorable Conditions wants to join the PA ARNG

                              Originally posted by o13starsnstripes
                              Forget it I wrote to the secretary of the Army over a year ago. I promise you that you will hear no response back.
                              Your timing may have been bad. A new Secretary of the Army (John McHugh) was named on Sept. 21, 2009. So your letter may have been lost in the transition. I would try again if I were you...what do you have to lose?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X