X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas State Guard

Hello Everyone- Well, seeing how I can not enlist into the National Guard due to them NOT taking Re-4's from other branches now. Thought of Texas State Guard. Can anyone help me with that? How are they? Are they good outfit? Are they a joke? Do they work with the National Guard?

Thanks,
    xmp

Re: Texas State Guard

I can't speak about the Texas State Guard, but I've worked with quite a few California State Military Reserve. One was our range medic the last time we went out to s.hoot weapons qualification. After everyone had gone through, he was invited to help burn up the unexpended ammunition. Seemed like a cool deal to me (cuz he wasn't getting paid to be there).

We've also had them show up on land nav, serving as wandering range safeties and SMEs (these were older, retired E-8s and E-9s). And, I remember a few wandering around at AT, though I don't know exactly what function they were serving. The only way to differentiate them from the NG guys was the 'California' tab replacing the 'US Army' on their uniforms.

Some of them also apparently have a pretty good deal with access to SAD (State Active Duty). If I couldn't be in the Guard, I'd definitely do CSMR.

Comment

They won't take RE4s either. They will take 17- 99 year olds. Crawling or crippled, but not RE4s.
      Last edited by cfrmtex; August 10th, 2010, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cfrmtex
        They won't take RE4s either. They will take 17- 99 year olds. Crawling or crippled, but not RE4s.
        I think your exgarrerating (LF spell check)

Comment

Originally posted by cfrmtex
          Okay I got it. If I was almost 90 (exaggeration) and have a criminal record, a few DWI's and family violence and bad credit I can get in but got forbid try to get in with an RE-4. I got it now! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X