Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
NGB Waivers? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: NGB Waivers?

    Originally posted by Frisco
    Not really. I prefer my coffee strong, not bitter.

    There is such a thing as over doing it.
    If your talking coffee surething! However we are talking about pride, professionalism, and "esprit de corps". Hence, second to none. NONE!

    As the professionals like to say on this site; It is "quality vs. quantity".

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: NGB Waivers?

      Originally posted by Chaplain4me
      LOL.............
      I figured you like that one I hope you know this is in jest!

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: NGB Waivers?

        I know it's all in jest.

        I also know that you can't be pursuaded and neither can I.

        All I have to say is LANDPOWER baby.

        Take and hold. You can only hold with enough troops, boots on the ground, looks like the Corps is on the losing end of this one.

        Just this week it was announced 90,144 Army Guard and USAR on active duty.

        Only 16,000 Marine Reserve on active. HOOAH!!!!

        I believe you're confusing this website with another.

        Follow this link, there you will find an audience.

        www.marines.com
        Last edited by Chaplain4me; July 18th, 2010, 04:51 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: NGB Waivers?

          Sure you don't wanna be 11B?

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: NGB Waivers?

            I enlisted 11b, but was selected to be a chaplain candidate.

            But looking back on things I would much rather be 13b.

            BOOOOOM Artillery...King of Battle!

            I'm too old to be a good grunt, I'd rather be a 13b, less marching, if I wasn't going to be a Chaplain.
            Last edited by Chaplain4me; July 18th, 2010, 09:07 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: NGB Waivers?

              Originally posted by Chaplain4me
              I know it's all in jest.

              I also know that you can't be pursuaded and neither can I.

              All I have to say is LANDPOWER baby.

              Take and hold. You can only hold with enough troops, boots on the ground, looks like the Corps is on the losing end of this one.

              Just this week it was announced 90,144 Army Guard and USAR on active duty.

              Only 16,000 Marine Reserve on active. HOOAH!!!!

              I believe you're confusing this website with another.

              Follow this link, there you will find an audience.

              www.marines.com
              True....Quality vs quantity once again! Excellent resource BTW.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: NGB Waivers?

                Originally posted by 7011USMC
                True....Quality vs quantity once again! Excellent resource BTW.
                We're just going to have to agree to disagree.

                Seems that we have different ideas on what is quality.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: NGB Waivers?

                  Originally posted by Chaplain4me
                  We're just going to have to agree to disagree.

                  Seems that we have different ideas on what is quality.
                  Amen! Your right about that swabbie; I have to agree with my favortie military hero: Black Jack Pershing. He had it right.....

                  Why in h-e-l-l can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines.
                  Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918

                  The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle.
                  Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army
                  Commander of American Forces in World War I

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: NGB Waivers?

                    Originally posted by 7011USMC
                    Amen! Your right about that swabbie; I have to agree with my favortie military hero: Black Jack Pershing. He had it right.....

                    Why in h-e-l-l can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines.
                    Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918

                    The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle.
                    Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army
                    Commander of American Forces in World War I


                    Question...if you have such a h-a-r-d-o-n for the Marines...why are you on the National Guard forum and not in the Marines doing your hoorah-hoorah stuff?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: NGB Waivers?

                      Originally posted by ping9798
                      Question...if you have such a h-a-r-d-o-n for the Marines...why are you on the National Guard forum and not in the Marines doing your hoorah-hoorah stuff?
                      It is like your first love; You never forget her (like a fond memory)! I did my hoorah-hoorah time yet it's a hard pill to swallow when people that "talk the talk yet don't walk the walk"....

                      I like razzin Popeye from time to time even a man a God needs to humble (I like to help) himself "daily".

                      Trust me, I'm not the only former Jar head on this forum that represents.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: NGB Waivers?

                        Originally posted by Chaplain4me
                        LOL, I'm not the one that needs to be humbled.

                        You should read your mythologized posts sometime.
                        Just has Paul chastised Peter in Galatians....Somebody has too keep you in line Preacher!
                        Last edited by 7011USMC; July 19th, 2010, 01:19 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: NGB Waivers?

                          Wow, I feel like this thread is becoming the "prodigal son" and wondering far far astray....

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: NGB Waivers?

                            Originally posted by RobD
                            Wow, I feel like this thread is becoming the "prodigal son" and wondering far far astray....
                            Nope...friend I hope you know banter is just in jest. Any news on your wavier?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: NGB Waivers?

                              Yeah, Devil Dog and I are pretty good friends. Sometimes it just appears that we are at odds.

                              Be sure of this both of us know deep down that the Army is better than the Marines.

                              Even though the only person who hasn't looked at me like I was crazy when I told them I'm planning on going to Afghanistan is a Marine Officer, who graduated from the Naval Acdemy, and is a Vietnam Vet. I thought that was pretty cool.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: NGB Waivers?

                                Be sure of this both of us know deep down that the Army is better than the Marines.
                                You got me there....duty stations and quality of life much better!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X