X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior Service

OK, for those of you who don't know my situation Ill dumb it down as best I can as its been about 4 years since my discharge from the Navy.

After three years of service I had debt issues, made a false statement of which I admitted to after saying it, like 2 mins after saying it, one of those you wanted to say the right thing but your brain just didn't function and you spout out the wrong thing. They gave me an Article 107 false statement, which was suspended. Not long after that about 2 months I was having debt issues again, of which my command knew about, base housing called which was good for my family and I and after my first class and I talked with them, the next thing I knew he was digging into my bills and then a few hours later my Senior Chief was suggesting an Admin sep, failure to pay just debts. Mind you I took a second job with BLOCKBUSTER to rectify the issue, this was after mast because I requested it to fix my problem. But after two weeks of working a BB they already had me in the works. Mind you I am not blaming the Navy, my bills should have been taken care of and the statement should have never happened, those are my own doings, but I do think they should have given me more then two weeks at my second job to fix this issue. I was trying. My Performance was a 4.0(2) and behavior was 3.8(2) Three medals and three ribbons, I know the ribbons don't matter but I was awarded a NAM for 300+ hours of Honor Guard. I also have a letter from my recruiter who still wants me to get in ACTIVE, that says after digging in my records, I can't find any misconduct. That from what he see's is that they tried to use a minor issue from one command to the next with the intention of helping me, when in fact was not the case, my recruiters words. I am looking at my package as we speak lol.

Now I was just told from my local NG recruiter that my RE4 is a no go but if my SPD is a go I am in. But the guys in the chat all say no RE4 sorry can't get you in??? lol why the miss information because each online recruiter says two diff things , and the locals all say I will call you back but don't. I know I pissed away my Navy career by slacking on my finances, but since then I have squared them away, no tickets ever, no trouble with the law ever, and I don't have debt or have acquired any new debt. Still pay my bills even though the economy *****. If that is the worst thing I have done, finances, I think I am doing somewhat ok, maybe not. Has anyone heard about RE4 with a Good SPD getting in??? cuz I am sure GKA isn't good.
    Last edited by Vet1985; July 8th, 2010, 05:39 PM.

Re: Prior Service

Shipmate be prepared for incoming rounds! This is an open forum.

First off how in hades did you rate a 4.0 and a 3.8 on your pros and cons eval while being "bravo delta" and having those financial and integrity issues?

As a result of my first para; Getting Captains mast (for you land lovers) that is a Article 15 and a suspended art. 107 charge. Your senior chief did the right thing and processed you! I'm sure there is more to the story than being told here.....with that said how is there not misconduct?

"Knowingly and willfully" facilitating a fraud, living beyond your means (racking up unpaid bills or making credit cards purchases without paying them), and not keeping up on your responsibilities brings shame and disgrace upon your division, ship, command, and to the USN in general!

Now the possibility is that the RE4 you recieved in tha Navy can sometimes equal a RE3 in the Army. You need to get with a recruiter and see if a GKA - Discreditable Incidents - Civilian or Military and see if it is wavierable in the Army.

ARNG may or may not be accepting waviers at the time....however your best bet is to get with a ARNG recruiter (professional) to see if there is a chance.

In the mean time; Start improving your yourself! Get an education, learn a trade, get a job, or do some volunteer work. Build a strong network base this will prove invaluable in the future. As well as much needed character references down the road.

You have to remember serving in the military is a priviledge and not a right. So if you get an opportunity for a "second chance" don't phuk it up!

Good luck and stay motivated swabbie!

Comment

Well I have done everything to better myself. I didn't rack up credit card debts and didn't pay them. I was paying my bills but fell behind to the point were I was over my head. I was 19 with a wife and kid, had some car issues that put me behind things like that, don't get me wrong those things are not excuses as I made those choices to have a family at a young age, however I still got behind on things. There isn't more to the story, that is pretty much what happened, and I am not putting the blame on the Navy. After I got out in 2006, I have cleared everything up, while still staying out of trouble, that includes law enforcement. I have a job, and continue to pay my bills. It was just something I over extended on, and not on purpose just to do it. But when it came to my Military work ethic, I still maintained a positive performance and did my job. My senior chief even stated it wasn't my ethics for the Military, it was my personal life that was in shams, as it was. My discharge is General Under honorable, with a POM. My old recruiter has looked through my records to find that I was on par Military wise, just not I guess you could say civilian wise. I did however try to fix this issue, by requesting Mid Check ( night shift lol ) to get a job, and I did work at BlockBuster to try and rectify this, but I wasn't given enough time. I have all papers to show this, which is in my Army Package, and my old recruiter agreed. I still have evals to prove my ratings and my board papers that show my performance and behavior ratings. I understand its not a right, that doesn't mean that I can't try to fix what I have done.

Note:

My financial issues did not span my entire three years in service, it started to roll down hill for the last 5 months, the last month of service was getting ready for sep.
      Last edited by Vet1985; July 8th, 2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Do you have any narrative code with the RE Code?

Comment

PM Sent Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet1985
            Well I have done everything to better myself. I didn't rack up credit card debts and didn't pay them. I was paying my bills but fell behind to the point were I was over my head. I was 19 with a wife and kid, had some car issues that put me behind things like that, don't get me wrong those things are not excuses as I made those choices to have a family at a young age, however I still got behind on things. There isn't more to the story, that is pretty much what happened, and I am not putting the blame on the Navy. After I got out in 2006, I have cleared everything up, while still staying out of trouble, that includes law enforcement. I have a job, and continue to pay my bills. It was just something I over extended on, and not on purpose just to do it. But when it came to my Military work ethic, I still maintained a positive performance and did my job. My senior chief even stated it wasn't my ethics for the Military, it was my personal life that was in shams, as it was. My discharge is General Under honorable, with a POM. My old recruiter has looked through my records to find that I was on par Military wise, just not I guess you could say civilian wise. I did however try to fix this issue, by requesting Mid Check ( night shift lol ) to get a job, and I did work at BlockBuster to try and rectify this, but I wasn't given enough time. I have all papers to show this, which is in my Army Package, and my old recruiter agreed. I still have evals to prove my ratings and my board papers that show my performance and behavior ratings. I understand its not a right, that doesn't mean that I can't try to fix what I have done.

Note:

My financial issues did not span my entire three years in service, it started to roll down hill for the last 5 months, the last month of service was getting ready for sep.

I hope everything works out for you! You seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Continue to do the good works. It is easy to sit back and "arm chair" and "hine sight" everything. I'm glad you getting your shieot re-wired.

If this door closes; Maintain your bearing and carry on. BTW what was your rate (NEC)?

Comment

USMC,

I was undes for a while then I did MA training but I was in an Aviation community so they needed AZ, i tried to fail the test like my Career counselor suggested but I passed it lol so I was an AZ for a while. I appreciate your opinion mate, harsh or not, straight forward people like you would make the world a better place, no BS or run around I like it.

Comment

USMC,

I was undes for a while then I did MA training but I was in an Aviation community so they needed AZ, i tried to fail the test like my Career counselor suggested but I passed it lol so I was an AZ for a while. I appreciate your opinion mate, harsh or not, straight forward people like you would make the world a better place, no BS or run around I like it.
                So you are an airedale! A striker huh? You was a navy recruiters dream! Lucky you didn't end up as a BT, BM, or a CS. My MOS was similar to ABE and ABH. I went too A school at NAS Lakehurst NJ, and C school at NAS Millington TN.

I went to various of NAF schools: WC supervisor, 3M, VIDS/MAF, CDI/NDI, QA/QC, Logs/Rec, TQM, and JEST at NAS Cubi Pt, Atsugi, and Agana. Almost a generation ago 80's.....My son was born at Subic NB, and daughter was born at Camp Lester Okinawa.

I'm one of "the few" that isn't ashamed of my naval heritage.

Comment

USMC, I appreciate your opinion mate, harsh or not, straight forward people like you would make the world a better place, no BS or run around I like it.

Vet, quit feeding the bears, now USMC will never be quiet, and if he post late at night, its not even in a understandable language, just a bunch of grunts and mumbles.

I do wish you the best with this. There are a few, even on this board that have battled back from the RE-4 death nail. It wont always happen, but if you do your homework and work hard. All you can give is your best shot, and like the military you remember, situations change like the wind.

Comment

quit feeding the bears, now USMC will never be quiet, and if he post late at night, its not even in a understandable language, just a bunch of grunts and mumbles.
                    Not quite wearing "depends" just yet; I know not to fart though!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                      Vet, quit feeding the bears, now USMC will never be quiet, and if he post late at night, its not even in a understandable language, just a bunch of grunts and mumbles.

I do wish you the best with this. There are a few, even on this board that have battled back from the RE-4 death nail. It wont always happen, but if you do your homework and work hard. All you can give is your best shot, and like the military you remember, situations change like the wind.

I am working on it still, its been in progress for about 2 and a half years or longer. I doubt my GKA will be waiverable but I have a local checking on it. My previous AD recruiter couldn't find GKA under army regs for some reason, however JKA is the same listing, as in it has the same definition. So I don't know, not counting on it but it would be nice.

Comment

So they said no RE4's right now, I am waiverable just not right now lol figures. Gonna go to welding school beings I can still draw UI maybe get a better paying job .

Comment

See if anything opens on the first of the year, thats 01OCT10 in NG land.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                            See if anything opens on the first of the year, thats 01OCT10 in NG land.
                            Doesn't the recruiting year start 1 July, or is the FY more important because of funding?

Comment

well the thing is, by that time I will have three months of school and only two months to go, so I may work at it after that, then again this welding stuff may work out for me idk lol, I do know its been 3 long years of a no go, but then again what should I expect I am the one who got the boot so its really no ones fault but my own. I am just trying to fix what one mistake I did do.

Comment

Working...
                              X